FCUB '52 Asking $3K - Unreal.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:58 am

My wife advised there was this "cute" little Red tractor for sale at the edge of the road on her way to work. It peeked my curiosity and I drove by today.....After being ATTACKED by the seller I spent a few minutes reviewing the Cub - Here's what I found.

1. Drawbar welded to bolts and final drives - awesome!
2. Some kind of wiring harness that involves rubber tubing chasers.
3. Seat mount 5/16" steel welded to something - to hide something else.
4. Battery box looks homemade
5. Clutch - Supposedly new has 2+ inches of play

The list goes on and on won't bore you with the "Rest of the Story"
It was pretty clear the seller didn't expect me to know about Cubs.

Regardless - If you're interested I will drive back there and take photos then send a PM - I did not as odd as this seems have a phone with me.

Ken

Re: FCUB '52 Asking $3K - Unreal.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:09 pm

Kenbrandt, I was just talking with Ed as we are both involved in a rebuild and we have decided it is amazing what some people will do to these tractors…I guess it was just a matter of fixing them the easiest and most convenient way to make them work back in the day…..Just judging by your description its probably about 2200 dollars overpriced :lol: ….If its a "pretty" red tractor it must have gotten a Sherman Williams Rebuild though…. :lol: ….Take Care Dave

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 pm

I realized later that there is no way to repair the final drives on that tractor. The drawbar is welded to the final drives and the drawbar is welded to the brackets. Really amazes me that someone would do that.

Makes me want to buy it and fix it right :D

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:27 pm

PVF1799 wrote:I realized later that there is no way to repair the final drives on that tractor. The drawbar is welded to the final drives and the drawbar is welded to the brackets. Really amazes me that someone would do that.

Makes me want to buy it and fix it right :D
Would make for a fun brake job!

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Just cut the drawbar into 2 pieces and weld it back together when done. :cry:

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Sherman Williams,,to expensive, probably a Krylon rebuild. I like when you see spray paint right over mud and dry grease.
You know its walk away time.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Alan Gee wrote:Sherman Williams,,to expensive, probably a Krylon rebuild. I like when you see spray paint right over mud and dry grease.
You know its walk away time.

Saw that once , did that also .