This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

i think the aftermarket parts are a great thing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

i think the aftermarket parts are a great thing

Postby ad356 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:27 am

i think the availability of all of these aftermarket parts might make out cub community grow. its making it possible to keep our tractors and mowers not only running but running more economically. i have been able to buy parts in the aftermarket that might have not beet available 10 years ago. i have bought pullies and a radiator from Hamilton bob that might not have been possible a decade ago. i think its great, its hardly practical to use a machine that's too expensive to get parts for or that you cant even get parts for. now you can buy radiators for $130, clutch kits for a little over $150, reproduction heads, reproduction starters and engine overhaul kits. i think all of this is wonderful making our tractors extremely practical and economical to own, and use as a primary mowing and snow removal rig. i hope when and if the current group of people behind this movement are no longer able to produce these products that their kids will take over.these tractors will last as long as there are parts to repair them and people that care for them, a virtually unlimited product life.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: i think the aftermarket parts are a great thing

Postby pickerandsinger » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:46 am

Beware of whom you buy them from or you will change your mind….Reputable dealers are a must (such as Hamilton Bob,and the other site sponsors)…Some of them are crap….Nothing worse than putting in a clutch to save a few bucks and then putting another in right behind it….Do your research... :D Dave
In Memory of 58,286

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:19 pm

pickerandsinger wrote:Beware of whom you buy them from or you will change your mind….Reputable dealers are a must (such as Hamilton Bob,and the other site sponsors)…Some of them are crap….Nothing worse than putting in a clutch to save a few bucks and then putting another in right behind it….Do your research... :D Dave

Especially the clutches! Imported junk, last 6 months!
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

Postby ad356 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:37 pm

i think i will stick with hamilton bob, i just bought a radiator from him yesterday and everything else i have ever bought from him has been of great quality. he doesnt sell junk and the radiator i bought yesterday at $120 plus shipping is not a bad price. his prices are reasonable.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:33 pm

I got interested in Farmalls when I was a college student in the early 90s. There were a LOT of parts back then that you couldn't get which now are almost common. We've come a long way....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall Cub”