It is now running on a pony tank and the engine, transmission, drive train is very quiet, have not checked the PTO yet. Oil pressure is mid scale at idle rpm after running for half hour. When I removed the hood/gas tank, I found out that the generator has been replaced with a Delco 10SI which is working as it should. My check list before starting includes:
1. Clean the complete fuel system-carb is done and tank will be cleaned and flushed.
2. Prime oil pump-added about 4 oz through the allen hole by the cover.
3. Fill and check cooling system for leaks-some clamps on hoses needed tightening.
4. Install 12v battery and check electrical system-found coil leaking oil and wire to dist. cap bad, (replaced) and points badly pitted and corroded. Cleaned and filed, set gap, replaced bad wire.
5. Installed pony tank filled with fresh fuel with SEAFOAM additive.
6. Set choke to 1/2, pulled starter rod and THE ENGINE STARTED AFTER TURNING OVER ABOUT 3 OR 4 TIMES!!!
I'M VERY SATISFIED with my 3rd CUB!!