This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Did I pay to much?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60957

Re: Did I pay to much?

Postby rjfcsa » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Hello All,
I finally got some videos up of the baler, guess I had a smidgen more time with this cold spell. They might be a little tedious but oh well, I did trim them down a little. Ya'll will probably get a kick out of my struggles to get the engine running :oops: :evil: :evil: .
Here are the links;
http://youtu.be/mQC62OwEgMw
http://youtu.be/Zx5InbLZj9w
http://youtu.be/ALu65lKCrzA

I want to say thanks :thanx: to Bob McCarty for turning me onto Parts Depot. I went there are they listed the other 4 gears I wanted for the bale length. All N.O.S. parts two of the bevel gears were approx. $8.00 each and the other two were about $17.00 each. So now I have all 6 gears :thumbsup: . They also had some new wire gripper parts, not all I needed but I used them for patterns and had a buddy weld them up and grind them close to the original shape. It seemed to work though, it held the wires.

I hope to take this to the, Half Century of Progress Show in Rantoul, Ill. Might not be any hay to bale there but I will have it sitting there at any rate.
http://www.halfcenturyofprogress.com/
I will be having, God willing, our Cub setup there with our hammer mill and sheller, and a bunch of my sisters fast hitch equipment. So if anyone is looking to go to a big show I would like to meet some of you.

Thanks & Enjoy,
Russel Foster

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:10 pm

Russel, It looks like it was leaving a clean field and making tight bales. Glad you got it running.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:27 am

Love the baler (I WANT ONE) and love the videos.

How do you do your videos?? I've always wondered how you can speed them up like that and put effects in them. I shoot alot of videos and sometimes would like to video an entire restoration but to sit and watch it would be pretty boring. But it would be cool to see the transformation if it were sped up.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Postby havoc1482 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Looks great! I'm amazed that B was able to pull all that lol
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Great job! Looks like it was feeding better as it shined up.

rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60957

Postby rjfcsa » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:22 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:Love the baler (I WANT ONE) and love the videos.

How do you do your videos?? I've always wondered how you can speed them up like that and put effects in them. I shoot alot of videos and sometimes would like to video an entire restoration but to sit and watch it would be pretty boring. But it would be cool to see the transformation if it were sped up.

Glad ya'll like.
I just use what was on our computer, just a simplish program, we have windows 7, and it is just called, Windows Movie Maker, it has a setting from 0.125. up to 64x, But is you speed it up much past 8 it gets jumpy.

havoc1482 wrote:Looks great! I'm amazed that B was able to pull all that lol

Actually it bid better once it got some hay in the chute as it helped reduce the tongue weight. As for going down the road, wellllll,the old girl did not like 4th gear especially going up a small rise.

sdurnal wrote:Great job! Looks like it was feeding better as it shined up.

I think it was working better the more it got limbered up. Amazingly all the zirks 40 some + took grease, unless I missed one.

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Postby havoc1482 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:11 am

rjfcsa wrote:Actually it bid better once it got some hay in the chute as it helped reduce the tongue weight. As for going down the road, wellllll,the old girl did not like 4th gear especially going up a small rise.

Yeah, when we haul tobacco our B and BN don't much like hills and forget starting on 4th on anything but flat road :lol:
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:45 pm

As long as you had $525 worth of want who cares what others may think? I wouldn't give scrap price for it since I have served my time around balers and have developed an allergy to them. :big smile: Have fun with it. Vern

Return to “Farmall Cub”