This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Twist Link Belts

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49057

Twist Link Belts

Postby Dell » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:07 am

In order to replace the broken generator built on my IH300U, the water pump belt has to be removed. The set screw and pulley collar were both rusted in place and painted over. That meant either busting knuckles or a complete front end tear down to get it loose. At least one full days work.
IH wanted $16 for a new belt, $5 at the hardware, either way was a lot of work.
Harbor Freight had the adjustable link built for $24 and with my 25% coupon it was $18. I had never used one before. The belt was 5ft so there is a lot of extra links.
I got the link belt home, took it apart a few times so I knew how to do it and it ten minutes I had it on the tractor. The belt ran smooth with less wabble than the rubber belt.
This tractor is my forklift and I used it the rest of the day moving some old concrete pieces from the barn back to the creek and the belt gave no problems what so ever.
I read a post from a guy who has had one of these belts on a Farmall A for 5 years.
There are two mfg. of the belts, one is green and one is red, they are both good belts.
Connecting the two ends of the belt while its on the tractor is the only difference from this instructional video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLkHa257vmw
If you can't stand the thought of having some "new fangled" gadget on your tractor pass it up.
If you want to replace your gen belt in ten minutes give it a try.

Dell

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ShineOn
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63645
Tractors Owned: Bolens 1250

Cub 1949

Re: Twist Link Belts

Postby ShineOn » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:06 am

Good to know Dell . Thanks .
The Constitution established a Government in Trust . Go from there .

Return to “Farmall Cub”