This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pig Protection

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Pig Protection

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 pm

Here is the wheel on a NICE 100 spreader...I was told that this piece of metal was added to the wheel to keep the pigs from chewing off the valve stems :lol:
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:29 pm

I have some round metal casing around each valve stem on the Bobcat skid steer. The casings are there to keep debris from ripping out the valve stems.

Not sure about hogs eating valve stems. More likely they would rub off the paint using the spreader as a scratching post.

Eugene

Garvin Gatewood
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garvin Gatewood » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:15 pm

I put a new set of tires on mine last week. Mine had one on it but I took it off and left it off.
Eight Cubs-finally got a '57.

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:55 am

Never seen this idea, very effective keeping hogs and muck/crud away from damaging valves.
On similar machines and trailers over here I've seen a steel tube welded around the valve hole big enough to get fingers in to use valve and a bit higher than the valve. It carries out a similar job---Hogs or not
Pat

Return to “Farmall Cub”