I got to play in the mud today

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Zorro
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 01821
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
1968 Case 155
Scotts 1542
Cordwood Saw
CC 125
CC 102
CC 129/1200
Circle of Safety: Y

I got to play in the mud today

Postby Zorro » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:43 pm

The biggest reasons (excuses) I had for buying a tractor is to grade my road, and to be able to break up and move snow banks. I really got lucky when I found the Cub that I bought as it has both a grader blade, and a front-end loader . Well, it rained pretty good this morning, so the usual big puddle formed about forty feet from the drain. This puddle is pretty much land locked, and up until now there was not a lot I could do about it. With the water acting as a natural level, I was able to finally get some control over the situation. Using the grader blade, I cut the high material from near the drain while pitching the road toward the edge. I was in my glory! Of course all of the material that I pushed into the big puddle turned to something that looked like wet brownish concrete, so I was unable to really dress up that area for now. I'll be back at it tomorrow when it dries out.
Now if would only snow... Wait a minute, forget I said that. :)
Hold her Knute, she's headin' for the buckwheat!

waterboychuck
Zip Code: 99026

Re: I got to play in the mud today

Postby waterboychuck » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:10 pm

I just bought a cub 54 blade for my 49 but have not had the time to get it installed as I have a belly mower under it right now, but maybe in the next couple of days. Reading your post is giving me the drive to go out and do the task.