This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Mower pictures

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:42 pm

The suggestion was made to me, and I thouht I would pass it on for an album of pictures showing the many different mowers available for the cubs. I know there are some on TM Tractors site, and on Rudi's manual server, but a single directory with pictures and brief descriptions would be a great addition. Any voulteers to organize it? Maybe Dennis or Rudi would be willing to host it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:57 pm

An excellent idea, John. If this is developed, might we have picture(s) of each type separate from the tractor to help us identify what type we have. Then, pictures of each type mounted on the tractor to show the proper way to hook them up and the arrangement of belts. The part number of the correct belt and of PTO drive pulley, etc. could be added beneath the picture. Sort of a one-stop station where one could find much of the frequently asked info about each type of mower.

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:13 pm

This is a great idea, I just purchased a single point bush hog for the cub and haven't any idea what brand it is. I only know it is old and a little tired

Rick

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:35 pm

We do have a volunteer to post the information on his website. Much of the information such as belts size and pulleys, etc. are already available on Rudi's sever in the mower section, and I don't really want to overload the person who volunteered to host the site. I was thinking more along the line of just a picture album with manufacturer and model, plus maybe a link to the manuals where they are available, but much of that is up to the person hosting the site. Still a lot of room for suggestions.

rick 48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

I am hoping a 48" will show up!

Postby rick 48 cub » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:31 am

Rick 48 cub
Rick 1948 cub

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:23 am

Excellent idea. Even with the stuff on Rudi's site, the C-2 manual is an installation and operation manual NO PARTS!

This seems to be a gaping hole in the information I needed. I was able to get the bushing for the overrunning clutch from my local Cadet dealership ($20). His parts breakdown are on fiche or an antique computer system. Possibly I could ask??

The dealer knows his stuff, the family had the local IH dealership way back and he has been a Cadet dealer forever.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

David
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby David » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:35 pm

Hi - Rather than waiting for the site for the pictures, could someone post for me a photo of how the 42C-4 mower idler bracker attaches to the drawbar. I am reading the manual and for some reason, just can't visualize the step: "Adjust drawbar to center of its adjustment and slide idler bracket into place". Should I remove the swinging drawbar and leave the other drawbar assembly? I think a photo assembled would really help. Thanks!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:27 pm

David, you may be able to leave your swigning drawbar, on, but I don't think so. Move the 2 bolts that go through the drawbar into the mounting brakcets so the drawbar is horizontal (middle bolt mounting hole). The idler assembly (with the bar to the rear, and the pulleys on the left facig forward) will then slide on the inisde of the brackets just above the drawbar. It's a close fit, sometimes requiring removing any sloppy weld splatters with a grinder. Use the 2 bolts and 5 inch or so long plate to clamp the idler assembly to the drawbar bracket on each side.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:05 pm

John:

Excellent idea.

I have been tossing around getting the Cub and Implement Gallery on the server built up more, but it is a lot of work.

More than willing to host the pics and all, I still have about 4 gigs available for space.

Time is the problem. I need to have the pics already scanned. I have about 20 manuals that still need to be scanned and another 20 or so that need to be formatted. It just takes time and I am working on them as I have the energy.

Brian:

Where would you host it? Do you have a server? Or do you plan on using a hosting service??

I would be more than happy to add links and vicey versa. I would be even happier to share the work load. If you want to take on creating the mower library - please. Whatever help I can be I shall be.

I would like to leave the Owner's, Parts and Service Manuals for any Cub stuff on the Cub Manual Server if possible.

Of course - redundancy is also an option and a good one. Sometimes the server goes down due to technical problems or even just power outagles.

Let's chat....

I have been trying to find parts manuals for the mowers -- C-2 especially now... as I think I am going to need it. Manuals seem to be hard to come by.

If I can get photocopies I can scan. If I can buy manuals, then I will, then scan, format and upload.. but it can get expensive. I have spend a fair amount over the last little while on manuals and with it all being in US it is a bit more money than here.. Don't mind, just limits how many I can purchase.

Guys, as I have said before. If I can get copies of the manuals I will put them up.

What we have on the server is because of the generosity of many of our fellow cubbers who have either sent me the originals to scan, photocopies or have scanned the manuals themselves. Plus of course my own manuals..

Larry:

If we can get a copy of what is on his old computer, then I can adapt the old data to the needs of the many and upload to the server.

This is exactly the kind of info I have been trying to find. I am having diffiuclties getting it. Whatever info you can find - I can get access to it. My dealer will give me all the help I need. He just doesn't have much more than I do.

Cubs, Cub Lo-Boys, Numbered Series Cubs and the IH Cub Cadet info would be appreciated.

I really am hoping to be able to make the Cub Manual Server a first class library and that is what I have been trying to do for the last 2 years or so.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

David
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby David » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:24 pm

Hi Rudi

If you are scanning page by page using a conventional scanner, I might be able to help. Our new photocopiers at work will scan any document to a pdf file (sorry no jpeg), just like making a copy. You just have to put the document into the feeder, like making a photocopy, and press start, and the document gets e-mailed to me as a pdf.

I was thinking that if you mailed me a copy, I could take care of scanning, and either e-mail or upload to your site.

Hey - the offer is there if you need some help (btw I am in Connecticut).

David

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:03 am

I love it when I see a plan coming together.

I will swing by the Cadet dealer today and see what I can get, but Saturday is not the best day for 'special requests'.

I have photos of some of the parts in the the overrunning clutch on my C-2 and some of Rudi's C-2 'pile o' parts' (with an amusing one in the works showing how I mounted them to the tiny trailer for transport). I will also try to remember to do a better job of photographing the Woods 59 as I do anything to it.

Hand delivery to Rudi is possible, but you need to act fast cause I am leaving in a week.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:29 am

Larry:

We is anxiously awaiting your arrival :!: :!:

See if you dealer buddy can let you have some of that old outdated information on a return with you basis. I should be able to have it all duplicated pretty much right away. I have a buddy with a repro shop who can do some of the more difficult stuff for me.

Let me know.

Brian, I enjoyed the chat last night. Hoping we can get all this stuff together.. gonna be a nice project.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:40 pm

Rudi, He agreed to print out the parts list for a C-2 and C-3 early next week! Not sure if that includes the drawings... but it should. I would rather copy a file onto a disc or something.... but a yes is good regardless.
They were closed, but I happened to know the back way in and they were planning a trip to the races in NH tomorrow, so I hope the request stuck.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:42 pm

Larry:

I hope so too. The print outs would be ok but saving to disk would be a lot better. Maybe we could get a LOT of parts lists.

I would be interested to see what database he is using. I have the CaseIH 100hp or less set, but the Danco's are not on it.. Any info that he might be willing to loan for a few days would be appreciated as well if possible.

Let me know...

Return to “Farmall Cub”