This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wheels and rims

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nbsbbaker
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 30467

Wheels and rims

Postby nbsbbaker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Just noticed on my 1951 cub that one side has the rim attached to the wheel on the inboard side of the rim and the other side has the wheel attached to the outboard side of the rim. Shouldn't both be the same?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Wheels and rims

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:01 pm

You can change the wheel width by turning the centers and/or rims. Unless the width is critical to how you are using the Cub, it probably doesn't matter.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

nbsbbaker
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 30467

Postby nbsbbaker » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Good and thanks!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:10 pm

If I were making a guess, I would guess someone mounted one backwards and it was put on that way to keep the original spacing and have the tread turned the right way.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”