This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Transmission Rebuild Cost

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CraigKennedy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28430

Transmission Rebuild Cost

Postby CraigKennedy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Hey yall, I would like to say thanks for all the advice on my final drive and differential questions, I've got my final drive tore down and awaiting bearings now, which brings me to another question. Since all the bearings in my final drive and differential are worn, that gives me a pretty good idea that the bearings in my Transmission are also worn? and right now is the best time to replace them? What do you guys think? and along with that what is the overall cost of rebuilding a transmission? Assuming that all the gears are good?

Thanks guys, Craig

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Transmission Rebuild Cost

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Craig, If you go to TM's site, you can add up the cost of bearings, seals, gaskets, etc. I'll let you do the math. Best to hope that not all need replacement.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Farmall Cub”