This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

need advice on a crack in engine block

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Re: need advice on a crack in engine block

Postby Clark Thompson » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:09 am

Jim you are correct. the area where the crack is on the block is a non stress point. I have a cub that has a crack in the block just about in the same exact spot. I didnt notice the crack till I had the cylinders bored and pistons fit. The only issue I had and that was over 10 years ago was that is seeped antiefreeze after the engie got hot. So I drained the antie freeze added water. ran it mowing for the whole summer. it rusted it self shut. then installed anti freeze. still going strong. I have uses liquid glass in a few other larger engines. Worked well too.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: need advice on a crack in engine block

Postby BigBill » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:06 pm

If the engine is assembled then disassemble it to fix it right or mask off the area to be repaired.
Weld the outside section. Go deeper from the outside with the chamfer.

If it wasn't a stress point before it surely is now.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farmall Cub”