This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gol Darn scrap metal thieves got me!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
RonT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 34448
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub - Whitington
1972 154 Cub Loboy
1989 Kubota L2050
1948 Willy's CJ-2A
1924 Model T Fordor

Gol Darn scrap metal thieves got me!

Postby RonT » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:24 pm

While out back of the workshop, I noticed all of the attaching hardware for my C2 mower and a full set of cultivators for my cub were gone. Haven't looked out there for a month or so - can't tell when they disappeared.
I'm filing a report with the sheriff but I don't hold out any hope of recovery.
At least my stuff in the locked shop and jeep stuff in a different are have not been touched.
Time to at least put up no trespassing signs with the standard "Violators will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted."

Ron :censored:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Gol Darn scrap metal thieves got me!

Postby Smokeycub » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:45 pm

Dang! Gotta hate that. Sorry to hear it. I have a metal no trespassing sign that one of my dogs chewed up with ragged edges and obvious teeth marks. That seems to be somewhat of a deterrent. Problem is it's hanging up in a window of my shop and after dark it's hard to see.
RonT wrote:Time to at least put up no trespassing signs with the standard "Violators will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted."

That's a good one. I also like this one, "To #$^& with the dog! Beware of the homeowner!", with a drawing of a big ol' 44 mag. pointing at you.

Hope you get your stuff back - that's just low!
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:48 pm

They have no shame. They stole my aluminum flag pole a couple years ago! I've installed a security camera on my drive and have even considered some of those inexpensive wildlife cameras for strategic spots around the property.

I hope they can catch them
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:10 pm

About 10 years a go, theft. I lost a couple thousand dollars worth of tools and equipment. None of the tools or equipment returned.

They they did catch and prosecute the criminal. He finally wound up with a 6 year prison term.
I have an excuse. CRS.

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Postby havoc1482 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:18 pm

"Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again"

but man that really sucks!
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

ShineRunner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28685
Tractors Owned: 1956 Cub
1946 Ford 2N
1958 Ford 861
1961 Ford 861
1965 MF 202 Industrial

Postby ShineRunner » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Ditto

havoc1482 wrote:"Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again"

but man that really sucks!

smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Postby smallfarm » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Trespassers Will be Prosecuted
those found innocent by liberal judges
WILL be SHOT
leaving the courthouse

had to be careful typing shot (there is a letter on the keyboard just to the left of the "o"
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

FarmallCubby1949
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 15059
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub (Rosco)
Serial # 68139
1957 Farmall Cub (Flash) Serial # 199918
1959 Farmall 130 (Bufford) Serial # 1507
1940 Farmall B (Uncle Jessie) Serial # 8696
1953 Farmall Super C (Sam)
Serial # 163814 J
1957 International 350 Utility (Tank) Serial # 8668 S
1946 Farmall M (Boss Hog)
1980 Wheel Horse Work Horse
2003 Sears Craftsman Lt
Woods 59 belly mower for Cub
Woods 59 belly mower for Super C
McCormick 1-F11 Two-Way Moldboard Plow for 130 (Fast-Hitch)
McCormick Cub Two-Way Moldboard Plow (Fast-Hitch)
McCormick Cub-38A Tractor Disk Harrow (Fast-Hitch)-(Cub/130)
McCormick Snow/Grader Blade for 130
McCormick Sickle Mower for 130

Postby FarmallCubby1949 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:37 pm

I hope they are caught for sure! These people are low lifes, that don't work for anything, and they steal off of hardworking people. I'm going to put up some signs myself because people have no values anymore. It's really a shame. There were a couple cases in Western PA here where home owners caught people stealing and the thieves tried to attack the home owners and were shot and killed. No charges were filed because the home owners were protecting their families, themselves, and their property. It's called the Castle Doctrine.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:49 am

RobT, so sorry to hear of this. Unfortunately, I agree with you, it's probably gone with little hope of getting it back.

I'm planning to build a barn this year and was going back-and-forth between an enclosed barn or a storage shed (open on one side) for tractor storage. Now, I'm leaning toward a fully enclosed barn after reading your post. I know thieves can break into locked barns, but it may be some deterrent versus a open storage structure.

Again, sad to hear this has happened to you.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:39 am

Last time I checked, ferrous scrap was selling for about 9 cents per pound and some buyers would accept it only if other more valuable metals were brought in at the same time. So they did you great harm at little gain to themselves.
The judicial system fails to consider all the harm done by thieves. In addition to the monetary value of the items stolen, there is the often considerable expenditure of time and travel expense to secure replacements, if such is even available. And the loss of sense of security which may be permanent. The other people in the family also have the feelings of loss of security. The circle of victims becomes quite large.

My recurring problem is the theft of fuel. I now know their habits and hope to talk with retired detective friend to develop a profile of the culprit. But only a photo at the scene or catching them in the act will really identify the culprit.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:58 am

I have installed locking gas caps on all vehicles. For a while I was losing 10 to 15 gallons of gasoline a night.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:54 am

I had around $50k worth of new steel in the back yard. Someone hit me twice. I have around 1/3 of it left.
I know who did it since some of my steel is custom formed for a special application. I'm just waiting to see what he builds. Let's say I'm all out of bubble gum.

I have formed steel for stronger tractor frames.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Postby leerenovations » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:09 pm

I caught two people trying to steal a equipment trailer that was parked on the side of my bedroom. I put a round of 00 buck through their back glass. They drove off and caused a hit and run in the road. They were caught and had several earlier convictions for drugs, theft, assault, etc. AFter all that, they were given $100 fines and time served by a liberal county judge. The DA investigator said next time, I should just kill them; and that it would save everyone a lot of time and headache. But after that, I have had nobody approaching the house. Even all the salesmen that stopped by quit stopping by. I guess word got out that I wasnt a man to be messed with and Im OK with that.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:46 pm

A good dog helps...I never lock the house or shop. My Golden Retriever is the world's best buddy, but if he is in the house and hears anything outside that isn't part of the routine he goes banana's. I make Ollie's presence known, he is outside all the time with me. Anyone snooping around knows there is a 100 pound dog on the grounds. Even with my old dog Travels it the same....she was half pit bull and a sweet heart, good girl and was very protective. Just a thought.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:11 am

leerenovations wrote:I caught two people trying to steal a equipment trailer that was parked on the side of my bedroom. I put a round of 00 buck through their back glass. They drove off and caused a hit and run in the road. They were caught and had several earlier convictions for drugs, theft, assault, etc. AFter all that, they were given $100 fines and time served by a liberal county judge. The DA investigator said next time, I should just kill them; and that it would save everyone a lot of time and headache. But after that, I have had nobody approaching the house. Even all the salesmen that stopped by quit stopping by. I guess word got out that I wasnt a man to be messed with and Im OK with that.

You're lucky that you live where you do. If that happened up here in the liberal Northeast, you'd be in jail and the thieves would be walking the streets. They'd probably even sue you and get the trailer, your vehicle and your house in settlement.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Farmall Cub”