This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Got the lean-to done today....

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Got the lean-to done today....

Postby paw's49 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:12 pm

Hello to the best forum on the internet....hope all had a great weekend. Still waiting on my 1/2 20NF tap to come so I can hook the gas line up again, so we started on an 8' x 16' lean-to for the Cub. I ain't no carpenter - just as I ain't no mechanic, but here it is - at least it will keep her dry - I think it looks so GOOD sitting there! I put the new muffler on too, but didn't tighten it down - gonna have to take it off to remove the hood/gas tank so I can do the maintainence mentioned in an earlier post from one of you great tractor guys.

Here's my corn patch - 45' x 100' - sure is gonna be a lot easier next year with the Cub vs a 5hp front-tined tiller! It's just beginning to come in now - we've already got a few dozen ears picked last week, and gonna have some for supper tonight. Good ol' Silver Queen.

And, although Dad's Cub is my first tractor, I ain't new to RED machines....here's my other RED pride and joy....

Been a hot one here today - around 95. Keep hoping for a good ol' thunderstorm to pop up, but so far, nothing.

Well, hope you all have a good week - it's back to 7am - 6pm workdays for me tomorrow.

Take care,
Craig
1949 Cub 81987.
I can take it apart....problem is getting it back together.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:38 am

Hi, the shed looks good, very important to keep the worst of the weather off those little red wonders!

By the way "here's my other RED pride and joy" is there something obstructing our view of the fast hitch, or is this just another CUB model? :? :? :lol: :oops:
Pat

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:09 am

Hey Craig...That's a fine lookin' lean-to you built son! :wink: Why I kin almost taste that Carolina Sweet Corn, rolled in butter, meltin' in my mouth RIGHT NOW!

When you git some Cub implements (besides your cultivator) you might want to consider comin' off those uprights with a space to store them and boardin in the rest! :wink: It's lookin' GREAT Craig (and so's your "Stang" too!!!) 8) . Looks like you'll be "Skeeter-Free" this summer with that Purple Martin chateau! :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:26 pm

Hey Pat.....yes, your view of the hitch is obstructed. But in this case, it's a very fast hitch, not just fast hitch.

Country, yep, that corn almost made my tongue slap my brains out. Smothered in butter with a little pepper.

That's a good idea....I never thought about enclosing the cub on a few sides, and just adding a lean-to to the lean-to for the implements.

This is the 2nd season I've had the martin house up - so far, no takers.....you'd think there would be more homeless than that.

Thanks again guys....
1949 Cub 81987.

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:33 pm

Craig,
That's how my addition started, as a lean-to. One thing led to another now its fully enclosed with 2 8ft doors and I'm thinking about a free-standing shed for all the implements :D
Your lean to looks great! You know if you moved your Cub over a bit there's room for another under that roof :wink:

One is never enough :!:
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:35 pm

Nice Job Craig. Wish my corn was that high.mmmmmn corn :lol:
Image On To Bigger Things

Colin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Colin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:03 am

Nice corn, oh and the lean-to is nice lean to :)

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:50 pm

Hey Paw's49, Where in NC are you? Take some of that corn, shuck, silk and clean it. Then squeeze butter and salt. Wrap in wax paper, put in microwave for 2 1/2 min. Ding! Enjoy!!
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:15 pm

Craig:

You got the right idea... I am hoping to get my Cubs under cover this year... BIL has the auger truck, we got telephone poles, might actually get a pole barn/addition to my shop - it needs a new roof anyways. :roll:

Dan:

Hey buddy, gonna need you to post how to pop fresh corn over on the Better Half forum... Em won't see it here :roll: :( And I likes fresh pop corn....

She probably would smack me upside the head ifn I stuck a cob in her microwave for popping.... without getting instructions first.. :idea: :roll: :oops: :wink: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Dan, I'm in the Burlington/Graham area. I've heard of Kannapolis, but don't know exactly where it's at. Never tried corn in the m'wave - always boil it. Gotta hit the patch again tomorrow - Mom loves the stuff.
Hope to get the Cub running again - will finally have time to play.
Will keep ya posted.
Craig
1949 Cub 81987.

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:57 pm

Paw's 49, we are just north of charlotte off I-85. I belive we have another member in the Burlington area, Rick I think.

Rudi, Didn't mean to misinform you, but I was talking about fresh corn. Still very good though.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:35 pm

Craig, corn and Cubs are two of my favorites. Potatoes are my downfall :) Glad your enjoying the forum and keeping that Cub well cared for too!

Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:07 pm

Dan:

I knew very well what you were refering to. Thanks for posting the Recipe Idea :!: :idea: :D

It wasn't until I reread what I wrote that I realized the double entendre there.... ooops :roll: :oops: :roll: :lol:

Dennis:

Cubs, Corn, Potatoes, Pasta and Spaetzle --- hmmmm along with the other stuff I can't have anymore like Brats, KFC, Chubby Chicken and the list goes on and on.... :roll: :(
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:58 pm

Spaetzle or burrito... tough choice. I'll have both!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:45 am

hmmm

A man with equisite taste buds. Wasn't sure anybody was familiar with it.. most people here are not even though the Pennsylvania Deutsch have been making it here for over 250 years... same with Knoedle -- or as it is known here - Poutine Rapee.

A real meal - spaetzle, gemuese und ungarische goulash :!: hmmm smeck gut :!: :D :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”