New How To Video on Farmall Cub Clutch replacement

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
steinertractor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48449
eBay ID: steinertractor

New How To Video on Farmall Cub Clutch replacement

Postby steinertractor » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:29 am

Hello All,

This is Elizabeth from Steiner Tractor Parts. I've posted here before and I wanted to stop by today about a couple of videos we've done recently that pertain to Farmall Cub.

We are working with Rachel Gingell, her parents own J & D Productions who have been producing tractor repair videos for many, many years. Rachel and her father are also both auctioneers so you may have seen them on the auction circuit.

Rachel is helping us to make some videos of commonly questioned repairs. This helps our technical department and we feel adds a lot of value to the restoration community. These videos are produced and edited by Steiner Tractor Parts just for use on the web and are intended to be made freely available to anyone with an internet connection. They are available both on our site and also on our YouTube channel if you have issues with the embedded player on our site.

The latest video is on Farmall Cub Clutch Repair and Adjustment. Here's a link to the video page on our site: http://www.steinertractor.com/wrenching-with-rachel Make sure to choose the Farmall Cub Clutch Repair video on the left, though you can see all of the other videos we have available from her right now.

Also, on the same video page, the Distributor Repair and Tuneup video is also performed on the Cub, though it applies to many other tractors as well.

We are planning to continue with this video series with many new segments to come and we welcome any feedback or suggestions for future topics. I hope this adds some value to the community and can assist members with their repair projects.

Best Regards,

Elizabeth Whiting (formerly Gross)
Steiner Tractor Parts Customer Service
800-234-3280
sales@steinertractor.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: New How To Video on Farmall Cub Clutch replacement

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:03 am

The young lady does a very good job, much better than I did when I first started working on cubs. I see the part about polarizing the generator has been removed, which is probably good since that is not normally needed for a clutch replacement, plus it had an error in it.

I sure wish I had a mechanic that looked like that helping me in my shop. Of course, at my age, any help is appreciated no matter what it looks like. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

steinertractor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48449
eBay ID: steinertractor

Postby steinertractor » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:31 am

We had a very nice email and today a phone conversation with a gentleman from the forum named Thomas (bus driver here on the forum). I found out that he had previously shared the video, but I didn't find it in my search!

He let us know about the issue with the generator polarization and we edited that after receiving his email. Rachel doesn't use any script for these videos, she just works on the tractor and talks and so sometimes, like anyone, she might mis-speak.

We also have seen a few questions about the measurements for the clutch finger height (7/8" from the pressure plate frame plate) . I told Thomas that I would try to provide a photo that shows how this was measured, it was measured just from the plate of the pressure plate, not including the disc/hub etc. The clutch kit from Steiner does come pre-adjusted, so normally there are no issues.

Here's a supplemental document that we have provided that shows a bit more detail on the measurements. I hope this helps to clarify that measurement.

http://www.steinertractor.com/products/pdfs/IHS645.pdf

Best Regards,

Elizabeth Whiting
Steiner Tractor Parts Customer Service
800-234-3280 x 112
sales@steinertractor.com

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby redfin » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi Elizabeth , I and many others on this forum have seen your videos. I must say that you do a very nice job with them in my opinion. We look forward to seeing many more and the wealth of knowledge on this forum is second to none if ever needed. ;)

tmays
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 39180
Tractors Owned: 1948 Allis Chalmers G
1947 Cub
1952 Cub

154 Cub LoBoy

Postby tmays » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:28 pm

To me it looks like they are using different bearing and pressure plate? I assume their own and different from original? Perhaps that explains discrepancy in finger height?
Thomas

ShineOn
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 63645
Tractors Owned: Bolens 1250

Cub 1949

Postby ShineOn » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Thank You Ma'am .
The Constitution established a Government in Trust . Go from there .