This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ownership

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:43 pm

'Country' Elliott wrote:Hey Rick...Although no Tags (lisence plates) are required here in Tennessee to drive a tractor on any of the roads (EXCLUDING the Interstate) :D , I have Antique Vehicle Insurance on my Cub :wink: (and had it on my Farmall M too). :wink: It's a VERY GOOD IDEA IF...You're gonna drive your Cub on the roadways :D , OR you're gonna drive your Cub in a Parade! :wink: For 2 tractors and my 2 axel trailer it's $139.00 a year :D ...I call that a CHEAP PRICE to pay for peace of mind :wink:

I would say very cheap!!!
While I do not have a plate as they are not pushing it here & the cub is still 1/2 dads I talked to him today & he does have ins on it for on road use says it cost him 55.00 or 59.00 per year he did'nt rem. which....
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:06 am

Country and Dale,
That makes me feel a lot happier to hear your news!
Encourage Cub owners to be insured if they go on the road or parades.
Pat

Colin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Colin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:59 am

All I need is a orange triangle and two reflectors. Insurance is a good idea, never really thought about it. :?

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:18 am

My wife saw me replying to this & told me she saw where NY tried to force the Ins. on tractors & any other motor vehicle
that were in parades but it got shot down.
There were some links for this but this morning there GONE :? :?

spaulman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby spaulman » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:51 pm

'Country' Elliott wrote:Hey Rick...Although no Tags (lisence plates) are required here in Tennessee to drive a tractor on any of the roads (EXCLUDING the Interstate) :D , I have Antique Vehicle Insurance on my Cub :wink: (and had it on my Farmall M too). :wink: It's a VERY GOOD IDEA IF...You're gonna drive your Cub on the roadways :D , OR you're gonna drive your Cub in a Parade! :wink: For 2 tractors and my 2 axel trailer it's $139.00 a year :D ...I call that a CHEAP PRICE to pay for peace of mind :wink:

Country,

What company are your tractors insured through?
Scott Paulman
1955 Cub - C.C.

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:47 pm

I wanted to register my Cub cause I have a CDL and anything you get counts against it. Unfortunately, state requires proof of insurance before vehicle can be registered. Nuts!
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:58 pm

The insurance part of this discussion, I understand the logic and think it's a good idea.

It's the licensing of farm tractors that I have a problem with. The licensing of farm tractors appears to me to be an unnessary extraction of a fee (call it a tax) by the state.

Eugene

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:52 am

we are kind of used to those user fees also known as taxesx. Everytime the government needs more money another user fee is thought up - ooops :oops: excuse me :oops: I should have said Tax :roll:

As for Bills of Sale to get registrations, especially if it is a tractor that has been in the family for many years as in Rick's case, this is what we do here and it works quite nicely and it only costs $2.00 intead of 15% of what the Government deems to be a fair selling price.

Rick, since your Mom is the legal beneficiary/other half of community property law, she can simply write you out a statement of transfer. In otherwords, something like this:

I ------------------ hereby do transfer all rights and title to my son Rickaroo to my 1959 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub Serial # xxxxx.

Signed: Dated:

that's it, that's all

Jeff, I would assume that is all that would be needed in Maine as well, considering the number of vehicle/equipment transfers between family along the border. Might be worth looking into.

Here the tractors can be licenced or not depending on individual circumstances. I am going to have to check with my insurance agent again on what is covered or not.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:37 pm

Eugene wrote:The insurance part of this discussion, I understand the logic and think it's a good idea.

It's the licensing of farm tractors that I have a problem with. The licensing of farm tractors appears to me to be an unnecessary extraction of a fee (call it a tax) by the state.

Eugene

NY used the (licensing) to get proof of Ins.
Bull %^&* Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But if you are a real farmer (24-7-365) not a week end warrior the you don't have to. YET( give them time.....)

It has gone so far as if you get your tractor in the highway to plow the snow roll they want Ins. on it.

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:46 pm

Rudi wrote:

Here the tractors can be licensed or not depending on individual circumstances. I am going to have to check with my insurance agent again on what is covered or not.

Rudi,

Probably not all but most places in the states work around the farm or property even in the road that fronts the property home owners covers you.
It's when you get away from the home stead on the road that gets you in trouble.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:15 pm

Country I wasa thinkg of you this past week. We had a possum on East Handsome Brook road. Just as it was getting dry it accumulated too many rubber burns to be tasty.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:30 am

I got a form called VIN Verifaction and the local police check the tag on the cub and thats all that I need to get the registration (Licence plate). I never thought about insurance however I am going to get it. Sounds like a good investment. What type of insurance do I ask my insurance company for?

Thanks for all the interest and help.

Rick

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:12 am

Rick:

Surprisingly my Cubs are covered under my home owner policy but just in case of theft, loss to fire etc., and not for travelling on the road. That I want to investigate. I am assuming that it will probably be covered under a rider endorsement much like I have for Rental Cars and such. If I rent any vehicle that is not for a commercial purpose, then my personal vehicle insureance covers that vehicle as if it was in my name. It costs me $15.00 Cdn every 6 months, and it pays for itself the first rental of the term... I always rent one when my van is in the shop - they charge almost $20.00/day for insurance with a $5,000.00 deductible. Mine is $200.00....

So if I can do that, then it will be a done deal.....

Glad you got the VIN issue worked out.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:56 am

Ricaroo wrote:I got a form called VIN Verifaction and the local police check the tag on the cub and thats all that I need to get the registration (Licence plate). I never thought about insurance however I am going to get it. Sounds like a good investment. What type of insurance do I ask my insurance company for?

Thanks for all the interest and help.

Rick

Hi, In England it is called third party risk, it covers tou if you cause an accident for whatever reason, it covers you if someone sues you and you are judged guilty and have to pay x no. of $s to the injured person.

Just tell your agent what you want to do with the tractor and say you want to be insured againt third party risks. I suppose you don't want comprehensive cover so that your tractor is covered for damage to it, not really worth it, but Third part cover is worth it.
Pat

Larry in CO
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Larry in CO » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:58 pm

I have insurance on my '46 H through a company from Minnesota called Tri-State Insurance. They insure for actual cash value in case the tractor gets damaged as well as up to 1/2 mil dollars liability. The tractor is covered for shows, in transit and loading/unloading. For a 1/2 million dollar liability and $3000 ACV policy it only costs $57 per year. The only downside to this company is they only write coverage in a few states. Check 'em out for more info. Here is the web address. Hope this helps. Larry

http://www.cwgcollectorcar.com/

Return to “Farmall Cub”