This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My Cub Project

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mbrooks
10+ Years
10+ Years

My Cub Project

Postby mbrooks » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:27 pm

I have had this cub for three years. It's a 1958. This summer I am starting to restore it. I hope to get it looking nice. Not as nice as some of the show machines I see, but pretty nice anyway. Does anyone have any advice or things I should look out for? THANKS!

I will add pictures but I don't know how to add them to this page. Can anyone tell me how?
[/img]

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Re: My Cub Project

Postby johnbron » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:44 pm

mbrooks wrote:I will add pictures but I don't know how to add them to this page. Can anyone tell me how?
[/img]

Do your pictures have there own URLs :?: If so put the addy here and it will get posted.
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:47 pm

mbrooks, Welcome aboard. I'm sure your cub project will turn out just fine. If it makes you happy, that's all that matters anyway.
If you check at the top of the Message Board Questions forum there is a tutorial on posting pictures. Also Rudi should be along with his welcome wagon soon to give you a proper welcome.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:10 pm

Welcome aboard, You came to the right place..all kinds of help here. Lots of info just look around and see what all you can find if you don't see what you need just ask and someone will give you a helping hand.
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:24 pm

mbrooks:

First, Image to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks I have ever met :!: :D

Ok, so here is the spiel Image:

I would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's 1 and ATIS FAQ's 2, The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub.

Also, you might want to visit the Cub Manual Server as there is tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub. In addition to this basic information, there are also a number of other useful tools available on the server. There is the Specialty Services page which has contact info for neat stuff like getting your seats recovered, buying quality Decals, Serial Number tags and a host of other neat items. Also there are the Parts Pages - both Used Parts Suppliers and New Parts Suppliers pages with links to quality dealers. I am always looking for YOUR favourite dealers for New and Used Parts to include here. These are intended to complement the businesses who support FarmallCub.com Website.

I would also recommend that you visit Binder Books and purchase the three most important manuals you can own for Maintenance, Repair and Rebuilding your Cub. These are the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the Cub Manual Server, it is better is you also have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only Authorized IH Publication Reprint House and they have the best quality manuals available. Most other's are not of the same quality. Just a personal thought here, the I&T Shop Manuals, although helpful in some areas, really are not sufficient for the job. If you wish though, they are good additional reference works.

In addition to the above information, don't forget to check out the various articles that are available to help with your Repair, Restore, Rebuild or just your Maintenance Projects. There are a number of sub pages such as Electrolysis or Rust Zapper's, Maintenance Tips, Jigs and Techniques, Implement and Part Sketches and of course the Paint, Decals & Other Finish Questions which has the Paint Chart and the Paint Committee Decisions links.

I truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, Image to the Cub FamilyImage :D

As for your question on how to post pics, might I be so bold as to suggest that you read How To Do Neat Things In A Post. This should be of some help.

I am sure that you will enjoy your restore project and I can assure you that you will have all the help you need as everyone here truly will enjoy helping you with your restore questions. One suggestion - and this was made by one of our forum members - Take Lots of Pics, especially if you have a digital. Be good to post to the forum as updates, but when you run across a problem, a pic is literally worth a 1,000 words. Also, if you take detailed pics as you dis-assemble, they will be an invaluable aid as you re-assemble.

Enjoy :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Painless
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29356

Postby Painless » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:05 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D You came to the right place. You won't find a friendlier, more helpfull or more knowledeable bunch of people anywhere. Although some of us, including myself, are merely friendly and helpfull. :lol:

I'd love to see photos of your cub when you can post them.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:25 am

Also, the pictures can be inspiring....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... 5d6421.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... dd879c.jpg

It took 9 months or so (some of it FULL TIME) but it was a fun, educational and very rewarding project.

The folks on this board have been a great help and I can say the finest group of people I have run into.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:26 pm

I'm with Buzzard Wing.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/ ... ub/cub.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/ ... 0_1348.jpg
Sorry the picture isnt very good. more of a shot of the cultivators than the tractor. Mine took about 5 months
Image On To Bigger Things

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:59 am

Hey MBrooks...WELCOME Son! :D The neat thing about restoring any tractor is the process of going through it and what you learn along the way! :wink:

From youngsters like Scotty to Geezers like Me, Jim, George & BigDog...we've all gone through what you're about to undertake. Just as we did...you'll goof up from time to time...BUT, your BIG advantage, over many of us, is having this FORUM. No question is silly or dumb...ask away and you'll get the answers you're lookin' for from a whole bunch of folks here who've.....BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, NOW DONE DID IT BETTER! :wink:

WELCOME ! :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:09 am

This is a post I left on another topic but should help with how to post pictures.

First you need to sign up at http://www.photobucket.com. Submit your pictures to your account, then copy and paste the IMG link they give you. Here is a screen of what you are looking for. Then paste it into your message. Should do the trick.
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”