This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cubfest Quotes, Comments and Questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Cubfest Quotes, Comments and Questions

Postby lildog » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:44 am

Hi guys,

I'm working on an article on Cubfest 2005 for the magazine I edit professionally. Ohio's Heritage is published semi-annually by the Ohio Department of Aging (for which I'm the manager of publications) and distributed to nearly 60,000 Ohioans age 60 and older. The article will likely be a 4-page spread, full-color with photos.

In my article, I'm focusing on the fellowship of the event - particularly the intergenerational nature of the participants and the sharing of knowledge and experience. I'll also pepper in some history of the Cub and info about Stoutsville.

As I write, I'm sure I'll have some questions and, if you guys don't mind, I'll use this thread to ask them. Also, if any of you want to have a quote in the article (commenting on the event, Cubs, etc.) please post it here. I'll also be skimming the board's earlier posts about cubfest for useable comments and will let you know if I plan on using your words.

Finally, an excuse to visit the Farmallcub.com message boards from work! :-)

Thanks a million.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Carm » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:10 am

Well, I know it's been said about a million times so far, but for me the family atmosphere was probably one of the nicest parts for me. It ties together the whole weekend, working on Cubs, fun events, EATING!!!!, and talking around the camp fire about obscure musical tastes!

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:38 am

Being in France, we were unable to come to Stoutsvile for the Cub Celebrations this year.
BUT from what we have heard from this board, from what we have seen and the inter-aid between the folks, it was the event of the community year.
I've read comments from youngsters who've been with their dads and perhaps even have their own tractor, several names come to mind, the aid given in rebuilding the transmission of a tractor, the aid to the tractor owner is coincedental, think of all the people who watched, held spanners, asked questions, all helped.
At the other end of the spectrum there are the grey haired maffia who seem to have quite a good time sitting around on chairs, discussing the possibilities of flanging out the left handed whiffle valve before the next possum pie comes up. Their knowledge is ( I almost put inescapable!) incontrovertably an absolute must for the future of us, the planet and Cubs. Action of the young is important, but without the experience of the older, where are we headed?
Very good luck with this project, I will be following it with great interest.
My hobbyhorse is sharing my building knowledge with unemployed people, helping them to get to a full time employable state, it's difficult, I've a project starting in September renovating a large building into offices and flats near here in Port Launay, 6 months contract.
See you,
Pat

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:41 pm

LilDog,
Your welcome to use any of the photo's I shot. I don't think I said anything worth quoting but if you look you might get lucky! I did enjoy the event tremendously! It was a special time for my Dad and I on that Father's Day weekend. He had a great time and it really impressed him that people that are spread out over this great country are also great people! I guess it's a small slice of what really makes America great.
It's people!

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Return to “Farmall Cub”