This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

governor spring

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
HART
10+ Years
10+ Years

governor spring

Postby HART » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:17 am

STILL HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING GOV. ADJUSTMENT... WONDERING IF HAVE SPRING PROBLEM.... IS SPRING VISIBLE AT GOV. OR IS IT INSIDE GOV. / CAN GOV. BE TAKEN APART WITHOUT REMOVING HOOD AND WILL IT "FLY APART" IF I OPEN IT UP ? GOING TO SEND FOR A MANUAL.... SHOULD I GET "SERVICE" OR "OWNERS" ?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:31 am

cubguy is right, there is a section in the GSS 1411 that explains the governor maintenance in detail. It starts on page 12 of the fuel system section.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%2 ... System.htm
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: governor spring

Postby George Willer » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:12 pm

HART wrote:STILL HAVING TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING GOV. ADJUSTMENT... WONDERING IF HAVE SPRING PROBLEM.... IS SPRING VISIBLE AT GOV. OR IS IT INSIDE GOV. / CAN GOV. BE TAKEN APART WITHOUT REMOVING HOOD AND WILL IT "FLY APART" IF I OPEN IT UP ? GOING TO SEND FOR A MANUAL.... SHOULD I GET "SERVICE" OR "OWNERS" ?

The spring is external and should be readily visible. It will be ahead of the lever connected to your hand throttle and connecting it to another lever on the cross shaft. If the tractor is headed north, the spring is on the west side of the governor. :lol: If it isn't visible, you've found your problem. That spring should connect the two levers without either tension or free play... just neutral.

Only remove the governor if it's necessary... it is somewhat complicated to get it back in correct time. Anyway, it won't fly apart an long as you keep it "this side up"! :)
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:37 pm

I would also suggest getting the T37F Parts Manual. This will show how things are assembled.
8)

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:17 pm

While I had mine apart I replaced the spring.... It is not really all that easy even with everything apart, but I saw a pretty big difference between the old and new (don't ask how big) as far a length.
I believe that it will cause problems if it is 'stretched' too much from age and wear.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”