This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front Rockshaft on a Handlift

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jeppen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 55307

Front Rockshaft on a Handlift

Postby jeppen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:46 am

Hello - I need some bushings for my front rockshaft. I have seen that there are some bushings available but they typically are for rear rockshafts. Are these bushings the same for both front and rear hand operated rockshafts?

Thanks,
Jeff

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Front Rockshaft on a Handlift

Postby Barnyard » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:04 pm

The bushings are the same for the front and rear hand operated rockshafts. However they are different than the rear hydraulic operated rockshaft.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

jeppen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jeppen » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Great! Thanks - anyone have a recommendation on a good place to buy them from?

Thanks,
Jeff

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:53 pm

You may be able to get them from Barnyard. I bought two new pairs of them (enough for my front and rear rockshafts on my manual lift) from last year and they are great! They are made of acetal plastic and show no wear whatsoever.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:22 pm

skwimjim wrote:You may be able to get them from Barnyard. I bought two new pairs of them (enough for my front and rear rockshafts on my manual lift) from last year and they are great! They are made of acetal plastic and show no wear whatsoever.

Unfortunately, I am currently out of the manual ones.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

jeppen
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jeppen » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 pm

OK - Does anyone know of a good place to get them? I would really appreciate the help!

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:52 pm

I did an exhaustive search a while back and Barnyard was the only source of supply that I know of. Barnyard, are you planning to have more made? If not, I may go with my original plan and make my own simple mold.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:58 pm

If necessary to fabricate your own, use Ultra High Molecular Weight (UMHW) polyethylene, black color if you can get it. The UMHW is almost as slick as Teflon but has greater tear resistance and greater weight-bearing capability. All polyethylenes are subject to ultraviolet degrade. The black is much less prone to degrade.
I do not have a manual lift setup for Cub and am basing the suggestion on the fact that acetyl seems to be acceptable. I have no experience with the manual lift.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:00 pm

skwimjim wrote:Barnyard, are you planning to have more made? If not, I may go with my original plan and make my own simple mold.

I can look into it The way the mold is made, you have to make one set of hydraulic bushings for every half set of manual ones. That means two sets of hydraulic bushings would have to be molded in order to get one set of manual ones. The company requires a minimum amount of 100 per order plus a substantial set up fee on top of the per piece fee. It would be quite expensive to set it up for just few. There is a plug in the mold that blocks the back half where the manual bushings are formed. Because there didn't appear to be a big demand for the manual bushing I had the company leave the plug in except for the last forty runs. The mold will only make one set of bushings at a time, or one and a half sets with the plug out and one of those sets will have to be hydraulic ones. Due to the amount of hydraulic bushings on hand, I would have to order another large quantity of hydraulic bushings just to get a small quantity of manual of manual ones.

To achieve the strength required for these to provide a long life the plastic has to be injected into the mold with 100 tons of pressure holding the mold together to keep it from separating.

Read a little more here. http://www.savethecub.com/makingabushing.htm

Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”