This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Newbie!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
alanskonieczny
10+ Years
10+ Years

Newbie!

Postby alanskonieczny » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:50 pm

Hi all,
My wife and I just purchased a 1949 cub, that was going to auction. She (Scarlet) mowes pretty good, but needs some TLC. Looks like fun. Gloria and Dennis (sellers) with Alan and Lois (me & the wife).
Alan D Skonieczny
1948 Cub, 2004 Kubota B8200, Sears 21hp lawn "tractor"
See my tractor(s) and others at
http://www.pbase.com/nexxus_nc/scarlet

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:08 pm

Looks really good, and welcome to the forum. Rudi will come in with his new member post soon. Have fun with your new cub :D
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:33 pm

Alan, welcome aboard. Nice looking cub and it's always nice to meet the cub families too! I hope you find the time you spend here enjoyable and educational.

I'm gonna beat Rudi to the punch and post his welcome speech for him. He's been busy lately working on articles so I'll try to save him some time:

First, Image to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks I have ever met :!: :D

Ok, so here is the spiel Image:

I would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's 1 and ATIS FAQ's 2, The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub.

Also, you might want to visit the Cub Manual Server as there is tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub. In addition to this basic information, there are also a number of other useful tools available on the server. There is the Specialty Services page which has contact info for neat stuff like getting your seats recovered, buying quality Decals, Serial Number tags and a host of other neat items. Also there are the Parts Pages - both Used Parts Suppliers and New Parts Suppliers pages with links to quality dealers. I am always looking for YOUR favourite dealers for New and Used Parts to include here. These are intended to complement the businesses who support FarmallCub.com Website.

I would also recommend that you visit Binder Books and purchase the three most important manuals you can own for Maintenance, Repair and Rebuilding your Cub. These are the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the Cub Manual Server, it is better is you also have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only Authorized IH Publication Reprint House and they have the best quality manuals available. Most other's are not of the same quality. Just a personal thought here, the I&T Shop Manuals, although helpful in some areas, really are not sufficient for the job. If you wish though, they are good additional reference works.

In addition to the above information, don't forget to check out the various articles that are available to help with your Repair, Restore, Rebuild or just your Maintenance Projects. There are a number of sub pages such as Electrolysis or Rust Zapper's, Maintenance Tips, Jigs and Techniques, Implement and Part Sketches and of course the Paint, Decals & Other Finish Questions which has the Paint Chart and the Paint Committee Decisions links.

I truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, Image to the Cub FamilyImage :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:20 pm

Alan:

Welcome to the family and my that is a purty Cub :!: Well done BD :wink: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:24 pm

Welcome Alan, folks here are very helpful and friendly. Just jump right on in anytime! That's a Very Nice looking Cub you have there!
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:07 am

Wow!, what a lovely looking Tractor, to buy, it looks as if it's just come off the assembly line, great buy!
I'm a bit of a newby as well, you will not find a better bunch of guys and girls than on this very site! I'm rebuilding a CUB and the help given has been an absolute life saver, Thanks farmallcub.com !
Pat

Painless
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29356

Postby Painless » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:26 am

Alan: Welcome to the forum. :D Thanks for posting the photo. That's a really nice looking cub you've got there.

paw's49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby paw's49 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:14 am

Great, new-looking Cub, Alan! Welcome to the forum!
Craig
1949 Cub 81987.
I can take it apart....problem is getting it back together.

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:26 am

Alan: that is one nice looking cub and mower.I know your going to have a lot of fun with it.Welcome to the forum!
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:16 am

Welcome to the board, Alan. Tractor is pretty, looks like it got plenty of TLC!

alanskonieczny
10+ Years
10+ Years

WOW!

Postby alanskonieczny » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:32 am

Wow! Thanks to all for the warm welcome! "Scarlet" does take a nice picture. She has a few leaks to tend to, a worn mower skid (why the right one was welded and not the left, no one is sure), and the steering is real loose. Not bad all around though.
Thanks again!
Pictures- http://www.pbase.com/nexxus_nc/scarlet
Alan D Skonieczny

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:49 am

Alan: Nice tractor with great paint job. In the last of the four pictures, the part of the air cleaner tube which extends above the hood appears to be really bright. Is it chrome or silver paint? Dan

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:02 am

alan, welcome to the forum. You'll find some of the greatest people in the world on here. If you are up for a little trip the last weekend in September there is a Cu and cub Cadet only show in Fredericktown Mo. That is lots of fun. Will be several people form the board there also.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

alanskonieczny
10+ Years
10+ Years

Air intake

Postby alanskonieczny » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:36 am

Dan,
I had to go out to the garage & look! It's silver paint (starting to rust through).
Alan
Alan D Skonieczny

Return to “Farmall Cub”