This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

194 plow

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

194 plow

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:14 pm

I have a 194 fast hitch plow for my Lowboy. I also have what I believe is a cub plow. On the cub plow there is an extra cheek above the standard one as on the 194. It is more curved also. There is a bit of extra hardware behind the extra cheek also. I noticed this the past week while I was up the country mowing. When I figure out how to I will post pictures.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:18 pm

Bill:

It is real easy. Have a read on this article:

It is the How To Do Neat Stuff in a Post article. Hope it is of some help.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby Daniel H. » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:08 pm

There are two fast-hitch 194 plows, one for the cub and cub lo-boy and the other for the 100/130/140. Look at this page from TM tractor for the differences. By the way I got to meet Tom and the crew from TM at Red Power Round Up. They are very nice people.

http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/l-f194_-_1-f194_001.htm
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:30 pm

Yeah Tom and his bride a great people. I met them at the shop when I picked up my fast hitchand other parts. I am home now but will look for numbers on the beam when I go to the country next.
In the top picture there are 2 bolt heads. On the plow with the extra cheek (or I guess you couldd call it land slide) there is a bracket fastened that reaches up. There is a wedge shaped brace and an extra land slide mounted above and more curved than the one in the pictures. Yes Rudi I will have to study up on the posting and I will post. The coulter is serated on the non fast hitch plow and it may be larger, The fast hith one is marked L194. There seems to be a painted over tag on the other one.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:12 pm

Ok from looking around I have come to the conclusion that the plow I question is not a L194 but is plobably a I 193 for it is for a cub with out a fast hitch.
I will try to include pictures of it.

Bill

The last picture is of the 194 out in the weeds.
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:52 pm

I think the term "Landslide" belongs to the long flat vertical part that makes the furrow vertical wall.
The outher part that you have like a small share is a coulter, but i've never seen such a big one, normally they are perhaps 4" square, looking like a mini share and often are mounted on a an ajustable stalk coming off the beam. The reason for the coulter is to take the top corner off the soil as the main share starts to turn the soil. This buries the grass and rubbish that maybe has not been cut properly by the main share in the bottom of the furrow leaving a weedfree finish for the winter.
There are also disk coulters which help to cut a neat wall to the furrow as do knife coulters. The choice of coulter depends on your type of ploughing, and the type of soil (sandy, clay, stony, etc)
The terms I use are UK and also I am not an expert at ploughing, excuse if I misinform.
Pat

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:50 pm

Thanks Pat. I have disk coulters for both of my plows. The round scallop edged coulter in the first 3 pictures is out of working position for storage. This is I believe a 193. The fast hitch one for the Lowboy is not mounted in the picture. These coulters run ahead of the plow point to make a clean cut at the edge of the furrow to the best of my sketchy knowledge.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:13 pm

well I just went through all the manuals on Rudi's server and can not find that extra moldboard. All the jointers they show go above the plow as a coulter would, or are used to help the coulter burry trash. I was hoping some of our guys that grew up on cubs would recognize the part in Question. Could it be to help turn over wet sticky clay soils???

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:09 pm

Bill:

That sorta looks like a 193 - I think, but it does have a neat accessory. My FIL called them helpers. They help push the soil up and over especially in wet clay type soils. Really puts a beefier meaning to a roll-over plow. He has seen them before, not on a Cub plow, but other makes around here over the years. Does it have any stampings on the beam? Or on the Coulter?

I am going to check a couple books I got here. Be nice to see if we can find that critter. I know that I have a couple pics here of weird moldboards and such that are not common either, but are authentic.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:39 am

I didn't look it over as closely as I should have but now that you ask I remember a number stamped on one of the support brackets M002 or M006. Because it didn't seem like a IH number I didn't write it down.
I noticed in looking through the manuals that as helpful a a coulter may be that it is reccomended in real rocky or hard soil you remove it so that it not lift the plow.
Thanks for having the manuals available. Sure hope you have a secure back up of the info. It mut have been labor intensive to save all that info.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:10 am

Bill:

I suggest you look and see if there is a M-H anywhere on that plow. As I was going to say in the previous, I have a Massey-Harris plow here that looks similiar to a 193, but it does vary just forward of the coulter. Also, what concerns me as to identity is the last pic... Beam seams different.

Yup, labour intensive. And yes I have backups, but not the format I want yet... Eventually I hope. There is over 4 gigs of stuff on one of my computers and only 1 gig uploaded so far.....

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:26 pm

Thanks who ever brought the pictures up with the posting. I looked at it with an edit and see how you did it. Thanks again.
Rudi the first 3 pictures are of the Cub plow a 193 with the extra pieces. The 4th picture is of my lowboy fast hitch L-F 194. I thought the lack of the 7 shaped piece, the angle and wedge shaped pieces on that one would be good for comparison. I am just more screwed up than ever describing things the last few days with pop gone.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”