This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

First Winter OK

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Alan Gee
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 169174

First Winter OK

Postby Alan Gee » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:38 am

Well the old girl made it through her first Winter with me with almost no pronlems. One day it was very hard to start but that was due to the choke rod coming undone at the carb, other than that it started up with no problem even at 8 below zero . I plowed out our drive and some of the neighbors too with no probles. It made this winter almost fun,,almost ha ha ha. I have a short video that I will try to attach but it may not load so here goes. BTW the old Cub sat outside all Winter with no shelter so it was a ral test and she passed with flying colors ,,

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Posco
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04730
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub...so far

Re: First Winter OK

Postby Posco » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Alan Gee wrote: It made this winter almost fun,,almost ha ha ha. BTW the old Cub sat outside all Winter with no shelter so it was a ral test and she passed with flying colors ,,

I look forward to a good snowstorm so I can get out plowing. Must have gotten another foot from last night into today. Too much fun.

I baby mine now and park her in the garage. No weathered tires for me and it's a dry seat every time I mount up. Life is good.

Alan Gee
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 169174

Postby Alan Gee » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:50 am

Ha Ha Ha yes the snowy seat is a problem but I brush it off and throw a nice folded up towel on it . The Cub did well in the deep snow. I have wheel weights and chains so it had good traction. It gave me some good practice with the spilt braking system when one wheel would lose traction if I was really pushing a big load.
To bad The video wont load up on this site .
As far as letting her sit outside goes, This tractor sat outside its entire life before I got it and it started up with no problems. I tore it down and redid it up with all new tires and a lot of other stuff. I figure if it was OK for its first 60 years , I wont live long enough for it to go bad now after the re-do .

Posco
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04730
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub...so far

Postby Posco » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Alan Gee wrote: I have wheel weights and chains so it had good traction. It gave me some good practice with the spilt braking system when one wheel would lose traction if I was really pushing a big load.

I have dual rear wheel weights and chains on mine and it does a good job but there's only so much you can expect from a tractor this size. But I love her unconditionally...especially when she starts.

It struggled to life today and I suspect it must have been some water in the fuel. I plowed hard with it yesterday and did some cleanup this afternoon and she didn't want to go for some reason. Different choke and throttle combos and she finally came around.

Return to “Farmall Cub”