Wiring Harness Questions

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JBJohnson
Zip Code: 43110
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub

Wiring Harness Questions

Postby JBJohnson » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:49 am

I am thinking about replacing the "Ratty" wiring harness on my 57 Cub, it has been converted to a 12V system with a ballast resistor on the coil. My question is that since wiring harness' are sold with voltage designations (6 or other) will I need to go with something other than the original harness recommended for a Ser.# 201038 Cub? I also would like to replace the coil and resistor with a 12V coil (it works but looks cobbled to me as is) will this make any difference in which harness I will need? I am an apprentice level electrician,at best, so I If don't replace the harness exactly as the old one came off I will probably get lost. Looking for some guidance.-THX

Dale Finch
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '55 Cub "Bertha"
'55 Cub "Ben"
'55 Cub "Bailey"
'56 Cub "Boris"
'48 Super A "Bubba"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Wiring Harness Questions

Postby Dale Finch » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:34 am

I bought my wiring harness from Brillman, and you can tell them what you have (12v, battery ignition, alternator...etc.) and they will do the harness for what you have. It looked and worked really nice, though it may be a tad pricey.