This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Consignment Auction

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Consignment Auction

Postby Stanton » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:13 am

Ran out to Spring Hill, KS Sunday after church. They had a couple Cubs for sale and a set of cultivators, sickle bar mower (spelled "Sycobarr" in the sale bill) and a 193 plow.

The Cubs were in rough shape, although one was painted over with some sort of red paint. They didn't even clean the dried mud off before painting. :shock: It had a full set of cultivators and sold for $1200 (serial #3491). The second cub was completely faded and someone took brown paint and a brush to hit spots on the hood (to prevent more rust, maybe?); it had a Woods 42 mower attached and sold for $700 (serial #11593). Both started/ran.

The non-mounted set of cultivators was also painted like the first Cub. There was a piece or two missing, but overall was in pretty good shape. Sweeps looked hardly used. It sold for $160. The "Sycobarr" :lol: mower was in parts on a pallet and sold for $110 and the plow for $110.

I told the ringman who was helping the auctioneer that the depth lever for the plow was mixed in with the sickle bar mower. He stopped the auction to put out a general question, to which (apparently) the owner came forward to insist the lever was how to raise and lower the sickle mower! They left the depth lever with the sickle mower and I believe two different people purchased the mower and plow. So the plow owner will not have a way to adjust the depth of his plow. Told myself to just keep my mouth shut from now on. As the saying goes, "Ignorance is bliss." If that's the case, then those guys were in Utopia.

Regardless, it was a beautiful day for an auction.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

mikedrew
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18333

Re: Consignment Auction

Postby mikedrew » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:29 am

I recently purchased a 1953 Cub at auction. I had Used a Cub while working at a children's camp during my high school years. I am now retired and have this tractor to work around my property and woodlot. This Cub came with a one bottom plow, I will be looking in the classifieds for some additional implements.
I am glad I found this site, Mike.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Stanton » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:59 am

mikedrew wrote:I recently purchased a 1953 Cub at auction. I had Used a Cub while working at a children's camp during my high school years. I am now retired and have this tractor to work around my property and woodlot. This Cub came with a one bottom plow, I will be looking in the classifieds for some additional implements.
I am glad I found this site, Mike.

Mike, glad you found us! Let us know if you need anything. Several of our site members buy/sell/trade implements in the NE.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 am

Stanton wrote:. . . sickle bar mower (spelled "Sycobarr" in the sale bill) . . .

Only slightly misspelled, based on your story should have been "psychobar".

I thought the plow sounded like a good deal until I read the details. The mower and cultivators were the deals of the day.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Stanton » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Agreed. I had a fleeting thought of buying low and re-selling, but trying to watch the budget, so had to content myself on watching others get a deal.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”