This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Question Re: Model 54a snow/grader blade

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Question Re: Model 54a snow/grader blade

Postby Steve C » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:57 pm

I'm trying to buy a front mounted blade for my late model Cub. I know of one for sale that may be the correct model (54a?). That blade is recently listed for sale as a "farmall cub snow plow" on the Yesterday"s Tractor site at the following address:

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/photoads/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=108580&query=retrieval

In trying to ascertain whether or not this is the correct model for my Cub, I looked in the TM Tractor site. They have some great photos of "52 and prior" compared to "53 and later" model blades. It is clear that the advertised blade is a later model, but it is still not clear to me that this is the model that I need. (Since this was most recently installed on a '48 Cub, I'm certain that the bracketing is not for a Loboy.)

Can someone with more experience than I (not a very high hurdle) tell me if the advertised blade will properly fit on my Cub? I understand that two of the mounting brackets are missing.

Thanks- Steve :D
Steve
1975 IH 140; 1976 IH Cub, for mowing

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:07 pm

Steve, either the early or late blade will fit your cub. I see this one is missing part of the bracketry but the price is good and you should be able to purchase or fabricate what you need.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Steve C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Reply to Bigdog

Postby Steve C » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:41 pm

Bigdog-

Thanks for the assistance. I thought it best to ask for advice before traveling to purchase it.

Regards- Steve :D
Steve

1975 IH 140; 1976 IH Cub, for mowing

Return to “Farmall Cub”