This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

trouble removing front bolster

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
1990caprice
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40508

trouble removing front bolster

Postby 1990caprice » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:07 am

hello I am puzzled over why I cant get my bolster removed. first I have the tractor securely on stands I made with scrap wood and connected through the implement holes on the torque tube. I have everything removed accordingly. the bolster is loose from the tractor, I just cannot get it to clear the crank pulley. does anyone have any tips? thanks a lot!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: trouble removing front bolster

Postby bob in CT » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:50 am

You have to remove the pipe nipple from the bolster for the coolant return and then raise the engine to clear the fan pulley from the bolster.

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Dale Finch » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:48 am

I was able to remove the front bolster assembly AFTER removing the wedges I had put in to stabilize the front axle. This allowed the bolster to "tilt" a bit to one side, while we tipped the radiator toward the rear. Also, I had the rear half of the tractor on an adjustable jackstand that I could raise and lower to help. It does require some maneuvering, so you really need some assistants to watch both sides and balance the front. Watch your fingers, though!

Have patience, and good luck!

PS This was done to replace my tractor's front seal at 2015 DSCF, and Raymond Durban was directing and providing the muscle, so maybe he can "talk" you through it better than I.
Last edited by Dale Finch on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:45 am

No need to remove the nipple or take the wedges out. Raise the front of the engine up just a little and lean the front axle/bolster assembly forward a little, it will clear enough to roll away.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”