This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Better-quality non-pressure radiator caps?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Teakettle
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02093
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1953 Ford Golden Jubilee
1971 IH 454
...and a few other things...

Better-quality non-pressure radiator caps?

Postby Teakettle » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:38 pm

There seem to be two varieties of non-pressure radiator caps available for Cubs: ones with embossed lettering and a rivet in the center, and ones with a totally flat top and a loose rubber disc. I just threw out one of the first kind after only two years of use because the inside was totally rusted and dropping flakes into the radiator. But the flat-top one I got as a replacement has really thin zinc plating and doesn't look likely to last much longer. Has anyone run into better-made non-pressure caps that work on a Cub? Else I'm tempted to coat the one I have with Rust-Oleum or epoxy paint or something similarly protective.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Better-quality non-pressure radiator caps?

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:20 pm

This is the one I got from TM Tractor: http://www.tmtractor.com/new/co/1642fp.htm However, I live in Colorado, so I can't comment on whether it will stay rust free longer than what you have now.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Farmall Cub”