This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

right angle drive rehab

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tom-joat
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28120
Tractors Owned: 1961 Cub
Cub 189 Two Way Plow
Snow Plow
King Spring Tooth Cultivator
John Blue Model BY Stalk Cutter
Buzz Saw
Cultivator Set with Fertilizer Dispenser

right angle drive rehab

Postby tom-joat » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:33 pm

I have been working on the rehab of my right angle drive so I can use with my buzz saw (when it is rehabed). Using the excellent post by Bill E Bob from 2009 and the Section 6A of GSS-1411.

Several issues came up that I could use some help on:

The spacer that is on the belt pulley shaft is badly worn and corroded and can't be reused. It is the one that the belt pulley drive shaft seal rides on. I believe it is Item 45, IH Part # 351 283 R2. ( however the parts book lists 2 spacers but only one was on the drive). Does anyone have a source for a new one?
If new spacers are not available, any suggestions on how to repair the existing one.

The spacer just slides over the belt pulley drive shaft and bears against the inner race on the bearing. I am wondering if there will be an oil leak between the shaft and the space?

[attachment=0]shaft sleeve.pdf
Attachments
shaft sleeve.pdf
(79.04 KiB) Downloaded 262 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: right angle drive rehab

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:55 pm

I looked on several sites and don't find any. You might need to take the parts to a machine shop and have it made. You could probably sell an extra or two here on the forum to help defray costs.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: right angle drive rehab

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Maybe some thin wall tubing will work, if you can find it in the correct ID.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Farmall Cub”