Rejuvenate Serial# Plate

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "The Paperweight"
Cub powered IH 52R combine
Grandfather's 1948 Super A
White demo Super A-"Ol Whitey"
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rejuvenate Serial# Plate

Postby Super A » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:29 am

Pabst wrote:WOW, that is fantastic the way the new serial plate looks. Great job! :D

As I have said I am not a fan of repro plates, to me it's like forging a birth certificate.... :wink: BUT if you need one, Mrs. Deiner's plates are the only way to go, and this thread is proof!!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
"It ain't a !@*% A. It's a SUPER A!"

Scrivet
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:51 pm

Super A wrote:......As I have said I am not a fan of repro plates, to me it's like forging a birth certificate.... :wink: ......

If you are making up a number, yep I agree wholeheartedly, and will go even farther and say that anyone caught doing so should be slathered in well aged final drive "lubricant".

If you are reproducing the same number though and the tag looks better, why is it any different than a hood, a tire, or a new paint job? If you replace those do you then have a forgery Cub? :D :lol:

BullDAWG
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 39401
Tractors Owned: 1950 Super A
1955 John Deere 60 (sold)
1950 Cub
1951 Cub
Tufline 5' disc
moldboard plow

Postby BullDAWG » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Scrivet wrote:
Super A wrote:......As I have said I am not a fan of repro plates, to me it's like forging a birth certificate.... :wink: ......

If you are making up a number, yep I agree wholeheartedly, and will go even farther and say that anyone caught doing so should be slathered in well aged final drive "lubricant".

If you are reproducing the same number though and the tag looks better, why is it any different than a hood, a tire, or a new paint job? If you replace those do you then have a forgery Cub? :D :lol:

I understand what Al "Super A" is saying. What if I took a 47 cub and put on a tag saying its # 502 (the 2nd made cub) and claim to have found it in Mexico (where IH actually sent the first 5 made besides #501) or put the right # on my 1950 cub and Super A and painted em both white.... If they made you ONLY use the original # then it would be fine BUT (and not saying Mrs. Deiner's is doing this!!!) BUT some people can and would do it JUST to make a $$$... I personally USE them so I could care less what my tag looks like or what # it is, other than the fact to use as reference for parts and such. But some would use it to make a silk purse of a sow's ear. But IMHO the tags should be EXPENSIVE, and HARD to get WITH much DOCUMENTATION AND PROOF if the old tag was destroyed with even possibly an asterisk after the # on ANY non confirmed #'s... But that is also why I'd NEVER buy one just because of it being a rare model etc... (like the 1979 long-stripe)(I want a long-stripe but NOT because of how few 79's there were or even how all the years of long-stripes were less than the total # of demos made in 1950. I want a long-stripe because they had the 15HP C-60's and were 12v and because of being 32 years newer than some cubs) BUT I'm also the type that would rather buy another 50's model rather than a 70's if it means the 70's would cost me an extra $1000 to get... I'd probably will get BLASTED for saying this BUT to me I personally get upset by some of my friends who buy old IH equipment and fix em up ONLY to put in a shed to be looked at BUT never to be used... While I would actually USE it for what IH originally designed em to be USED FOR, Small farms and a cheaper, better made equipment/tractors than the GREEN things they sell today.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the GOVERNMENT and I'm here to HELP."
"I DON'T believe in a government that protects US from OURSELVES." R. Reagan

Doodle
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 47923
Tractors Owned: International, Case IH

Postby Doodle » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:54 am

I third or fourth Mrs. Deiner is the way to go. I had her make one for a project I had. She sent it back to me in a little candy box. Unfortunately the candy was missing but it had my original and an exact duplicate carefully wrapped inside.