This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Radiator question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
esmith
10+ Years
10+ Years

Radiator question

Postby esmith » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:36 pm

i just finished with putting new bearings and seals in the rearend of my cub. My question now is, it seams that the antifreeze in not circulating in the radiator, it runs for a bit and then pushes the fluid out the overflow. But not enough to see that it is down looking in the cap. When i bought it it was completely full of antifreeze. is it possible that the problem is too much fluid. If not what should i do to fix my cub's problem.

Thank you,
Eric

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:41 pm

The Cub will burp out excess antifreeze when it heats up until it reaches it's own level an inch or so below the filler neck.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:44 pm

The cub has a thermo-syphon coling system. I sounds like it is working normally. It will spit out excess fluid until it finds it's own level. That is usually about 1 1/2" below the fill. Since there's no water pump, you won't see lots of flow when looking in the radiator.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”