Oliver Corn Planter

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
spgeid
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16218

Oliver Corn Planter

Postby spgeid » Wed May 13, 2015 10:48 am

I bought this corn planter to play with behind my cub possibly. I want to plant some corn and soybeans in my deer plots. Its a model 112 I think. Having some trouble finding soybean seed plates for it, but I am working on that. Can't wait to give it a try.
Attachments
IMG_1492.1.jpg
Steve
1962 Cub Lo-boy restored w/60 woods deck and snow plow
1972 Standard Cub Original w/fast hitch w/snowplow
1975 Cub 185
1969 Cub 154 w/60" deck and snow plow
Fast hitch plow
42FH woods mower

Kirk-NJ
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

Re: Oliver Corn Planter

Postby Kirk-NJ » Sun May 31, 2015 5:06 am

I've used my old McCormick deering IH planter to plant corn and peas. planted about 9 areas of feed corn and some sweet corn last year with it. Had it spaced for 36" rows than strattled the rows and doubled back to make 18" rows. It was a PIA the cultivate so went back to wider rows. With mine you have to have someone in the seat to work the controls at the end of the rows and the body weight in the seat does help the presser wheels cover better. Possibly wheel presser bands might help but i don't have them on my planter. BTY the verticle exhaust is better for this application so you don't kill whoever s in the seat although a bent elbow pipe will work on the underslung to divert some of the flumes.
I lucked out with my old planter cause it uses the same plates as my 172 and 184 planters.
Good luck with your planter. Let us know how it works out.
Kirk