This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Problem with Carburetor

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ihc 614
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Problem with Carburetor

Postby ihc 614 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Hello,
I'm From Belgium and I have a Farmall Cub from 1951 with a IH carburetor. The problem that I have is
that it doesnt idle. When the engine runs, it keeps changing between different rpm.
I've placed a new seal kit and cleaned it completely.
What can it be?

Thanks
Koen

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Problem with Carburetor

Postby Jim Becker » Wed May 13, 2015 3:09 pm

That sounds more like a governor problem than a carburetor problem. First thing, make sure the linkage between the governor and carburetor moves freely with no dragging or binding. Then adjust the length of the rod as described here:
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86357

Eoghan
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14103
Tractors Owned: 1955 farmall cub w/ fast hitch
Implements:
fast hitch moldboard plow
fast hitch disc harrow
front blade
Danco c-3 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eoghan » Wed May 13, 2015 11:46 pm

it's always the carburetor unless it isn't the carburetor. if you cleaned it up (run wire through the tiny holes that come out by the throttle plate?) and it still doesn't run right, I'd look elsewhere. as jim said, the governor linkage is a likely culprit. other things to check: gas flow from tank? vacuum leak at manifold? plugged up air cleaner? good luck!

ihc 614
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby ihc 614 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:43 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the help, I cleaned the carburator. It wasnt completely dissapeared when I first started it. But it dissapeared when the engine heated!.

Thanks!
Koen (Belgium)

Return to “Farmall Cub”