This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall red paint code ???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rick 48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall red paint code ???

Postby rick 48 cub » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:52 pm

Hi All,

What color code should I bring to my local auto body store to make sure that my 48 cub comes out the the right shade of red ?

Any suggestions on the best type of paint to use ? (I will be painting out doors.)

Thanks, Rick

P.S. I think I figured out the big IH trademark symbol. The black part of the "H" form the large rear tires on the right and left sides of a tractor, the red vertical/bottom part of the "i" forms the engine cover, the dot on the top of the "i" is the drivers seat. What do you think ? Am I slow figuring this out - or is my theory all wet ?
Rick 1948 cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:04 pm

Got most of it right. When it was first designed by Mr Lowey, it was a round dot over the " i ", and the dot represented the farmer's head. It was changed to the square dot, but I suppose it still represents the farmer's head.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:14 pm

Rick:

Check the Paint Chart under Paint, Decals & Other Finish ?'s on the Cub Manual Server.

The CaseIH 2150 Red is a Dupont product and is compatible with Dupont Centari reducers, hardners etc. You can also get the Reducer and Hardner at your CaseIH Dealer.

Any good Auto Paint Store should be able to mix according to the codes on the chart and your favourite paint.

:D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:16 am

Paul B wrote:Got most of it right. When it was first designed by Mr Lowey, it was a round dot over the " i ", and the dot represented the farmer's head. It was changed to the square dot, but I suppose it still represents the farmer's head.

Ah! that now makes sense, thanks for clarifying the situation :lol:
In the design I have heard that there is a connection with Coke (no! not the burning type!)?
Pat

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:07 am

The Coke connection:

Raymond Loewy was a popular and prolific industrial designer who created the Coca-Cola script logo and their pinched-waisted bottle as well as the IH logo.

Here's more than you'll ever need to know about him: http://www.raymondloewy.com/home.php
and
http://www.raymondloewy.org/gallery.html
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:44 am

"The CaseIH 2150 Red is a Dupont product..."

If I am not mistaken, CaseIH enamel is manufactured, packaged, and distributed by the Valspar Corporation.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:25 am

AND...For ALL of Raymond Loewy's International Harvester "Farmall" designs and innovations...IH isn't even LISTED in his accomplishments list on the "Tour" web page site!!! :cry: His innovative tractor IH design, and his streamlined "Farmall" letter series designs of the Farmall A, B, C, Cub, H & M tractors made them the classic standouts that they are today! 8). He was most certainly the "Father" of simplistic, industrial design. His famous, yellow & red Shell gasoline company logo became so recognized that the company dropped the words "shell" and continued with just the shell shape & colors even today! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:58 pm

CB:

Everything that I have been told is that the 2150 is a perfect match for the the Centari line. Have I been mis-informed :?: :roll: :?: If so, then please can I have the correct information :?: I have not seen Val-Spar as an auto paint, just the stuff on the shelf in the hardware stores.... I would be interested in having the correct info for the server, I really do not like to post erroneous material.

Thanks.. :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”