planter seed hopper questions

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rexxon
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 21853
Circle of Safety: Y

planter seed hopper questions

Postby rexxon » Tue May 26, 2015 7:57 pm

I have a 185 planter unit that I use and it works great---except for tonight---I have just gotten Lima Bean plate 3215A and it will not work with the hopper that I have and the book says that it does not need a filler plate. Just a standard combination Richmond? hopper

The plates came with a C251 planter and they work perfect in that hopper bottom so I might have to keep that old planter just to do fordhooks.

What gives I though all the Richmond Style hoppers that take the same style plates were interchangable

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Re: planter seed hopper questions

Postby bob in CT » Tue May 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Try swapping your pawl and knocker assemblies?

rexxon
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby rexxon » Wed May 27, 2015 4:42 am

I was looking at that last night when I got done planting beans. It got dark on me and I was beat so I figured I would call it a night and get cleaned up and ask you boys. I think that would work I will take a look and report back. Thanks

rexxon
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby rexxon » Wed May 27, 2015 4:53 am

Bob, I was looking at an earlier subject post by Boss which showed three different hoppers, mine are both combination but the one on the C251 is held down with two wing nuts, the 185 is held down with one. I have been looking for an excuse to try the old C251 just to see if it still works. I guess I'll find out soon Thanks