High Crop Isn't Really That High

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub #1024
1950 Non-Electric Cub "Plain Jane"
1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachment
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment

High Crop Isn't Really That High

Postby Brandon Webb » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Well my garden is getting up there plowed my corn for the last time tonight. Dad is anxiously wanting his 75 cub back to put the sickle mower back on to trim up after we cut hay next week, So I got the bright idea I'd swap all my stuff over onto his high crop and plow my garden for the rest of the season. I had the two tractors in the garage for the first time and decided to measure just how much higher it was. 2 1/4 inches taller is all. I was surprised as the wheels are so much bigger and make it look so much larger. So really 2 inches isn't going to make a couple days between plowing corn or tobacco. I guess it was more of a wide option for use with the multi-row Planet Jr. planters. Which also raises another question since those planters were only for planting bed type crops like lettuce, beets, carrots etc. which don't get tall enough to require extra ground clearance. So sort of puzzled now what the high crop would do that the standard cub wouldn't.

Gator809
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 70791
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: High Crop Isn't Really That High

Postby Gator809 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:49 pm

A lot of cubs and super A's down here in Louisiana were sold with just the high crop front rims. That's where 99% of the difference is. A 9.5x24 is almost as tall as the hicrop 7.5x30. Main benefit I see is first, the wide kit, and the fact the extra skinny rear tires would fit in rows of tight leafy plants easier.

Hank
"Tiger" 1974 International Cub
"Littl' Smokey" 104 Cub Cadet
"Red Light" 1952 Farmall Cub with 151 disc plow
"Lucky" 1970 International 140

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
57 Lo-Boy
52 F-Cub
49 F-Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: High Crop Isn't Really That High

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:09 pm

Gator809 wrote:A lot of cubs and super A's down here in Louisiana were sold with just the high crop front rims. ... Hank

I've got one like that in the Cubhouse, just waiting for the 1000 loader to be refurbed and installed..

Bill
"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist