This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower ID

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Mower ID

Postby Barnyard » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm

I picked this up yesterday. Is this one of the reel mowers that has been discussed about pulling with a Cub. Any help with finding a brand name. I think TM had it with their brochures but they sold them all before selling the business and there is no info available.

reelmower1.JPG

reelmower2.JPG

reelmower5.JPG

reelmower3.JPG
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

iosco cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48730
Tractors Owned: fifty five fast hitch
fifty six cub

Re: Mower ID

Postby iosco cub » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:03 am

Barnyard, That's a pretty cool find. I have some experience with all types of gang mowers. It looks to me to be a product built for and sold by sears in the 1960's. couldn't find my old notes about the manufacturer but it looks like a Supreme model AP1801. Good luck finding parts Greg

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Looks a bit different than the Sunflower gang that I had (for a day, gave it to my friend).

Hard to find anyone that can sharpen them.... but a big turf farm may have a sharpener, a pricey tool.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:35 am

Thanks to Google I think I have a Simplicity mower. http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicit ... hments.htm

gang_reel.jpg
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

iosco cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48730
Tractors Owned: fifty five fast hitch
fifty six cub

Postby iosco cub » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:48 pm

these are very easy to sharpen. Most people think that you sharpen the reel you don't. you sharpen the shear or the straight piece across the bottom. Even then it's not really sharp but square to the reel. If adjusted properly you should never have to touch it again. However things like nails, rocks, wire will cause problems easily fixed with a file. When you see someone using the jig on the reel they are really squaring the edge. you will have to adjust the shear after that procedure. Greg

Return to “Farmall Cub”