This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What implements would work best for me

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: What implements would work best for me

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:18 pm

I keep telling folks .. RTFM ... get familiar before you do anything. If you want an implement then the best implement to get is an implement designed for a Cub as I mentioned earlier. Now .. Jim Becker is one of the guru's who taught me just about everything I know about Cubs.. he along with a few others are the authority on what IH designed the Cub for.

Guys like me .. well I take the Cub and then take it one step further .. but only if it is safe to do so. I like being able to improve .. but when it comes to basic implements you cannot improve on IH's designed for the Cub implements.

Good for you .. getting the 193 at that price but as the others said make sure you get the stuff that needs to go with it otherwise you have a pile of cast that will have to await many more dollars in parts to complete it.

The eye bolt, dog-bone, depth control lever are all must have's for that plow to work correctly .. so read the manual - Cub-193 Moldboard Plow 11-20-51

Before you buy any other implements make sure you are familiar with the manuals and that you get ALL of the parts otherwise you will be spending a lot of time on eBay and a lot of cash ...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

geolson414
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 53223

Re: What implements would work best for me

Postby geolson414 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Well my apologies guys. I've been waiting to take possession of this cub for a few years, and when I finally did I got a little excited. I printed off the cub manual as well as the plow msnual, and now have a better idea on what is all needed. I did get the plow this past Friday, but it didn't come with the depth control (so now I need the depth control and a rockshaft). I have an idea in my head to make both until I can find the original parts at a decent price. I do need a little help though.

What is the minimum and maximum height of the draw bar from the ground when the depth control is all the way up as well as all the way down?

What is the distance from the drawbar to the rockshaft (rear lift point if I used the wrong term) for both fully up and fully down? (I saw earlier that all the way down was 19", but couldn't find any of the other measurements.)

Thanks guys!

Return to “Farmall Cub”