This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

MANUFACTURE DATE ON PEG TOOTHED HARROW

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
johnsteven
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 71075

MANUFACTURE DATE ON PEG TOOTHED HARROW

Postby johnsteven » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:22 am

I FOUND AN OLD PEG TOOTHED HARROW AT THE OLD HOUSE PLACE ON MY DEER LEASE. WHERE CAN I FIND A MANUFACTURE DATE. I THINK ITS 1950s 1960S. WORKS GREAT! IS THIS A GOOD FIND? IM IN THE OIL FIELD AND I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TRACTOR ATTACHMENTS

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: MANUFACTURE DATE ON PEG TOOTHED HARROW

Postby Eugene » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:25 pm

I don't know of any way to identify the date of manufacture. Some peg toothed harrows had different designed side rails and other parts. You may be able to identify the manufacturer from the general shape.

Age of your peg toothed harrow - unknown. Metal peg toothed harrows were around well before 1950.

There is no great value in peg toothed harrows. A number of years ago, I purchased a 6 section peg toothed harrow for $20-. I have gifted individual sections and parts to Cub owners for their garden usage.

Yes they work great. I use one section behind a Cub and a cut down section behind a Cub Cadet.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi,
Welcome to the website. :)

ub54
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47974

Postby ub54 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:19 am

Hang on to your harrow. There's a lot you can do with it. For instance , drag your road or garden, loosen rocks where you may have done clearing, seed prep. But be patient with it . It may seem it's not doing much but it is . Really nice to have in the spring.

Return to “Farmall Cub”