This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Northeast Cub Get together 2005

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Northeast Cub Get together 2005

Postby Cecil » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:04 am

I pitched this to allenlook a couple of days ago in a PM. I just can't wait for Cubfest Northeast 2006. For those of you who can make a day trip to Kinderhook, NY(about 20 minutes south of Albany) lets have a day of discussion and maybe some small projects to work on together kick around Norteast 2006. I'll give a guded tour of my electrolysis tank. No tractors just folks. We will have a cook out. Spouses invited also. Bring pictures, advice and a dish to pass. I will supply the bad stuff (meat).

The date is October 15th 10 AM until I get tired of listening to talk about Cubs. That should make me a couple of weeks late for work.

If your in send me a message so I can get an idea of who will be there.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Okey doke.

Postby allenlook » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:13 am

I'll be there with bells on.

What are you thinking for projects?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:13 am

What are you interested in?

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Electrical

Postby allenlook » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:05 pm

I'm baffled by the magneto and electrical system - I'd love to get a lesson on something like that.

There's always a lot of talk about collapsing the coil and rebifurcating the prestdigitator, and it would be great to have someone point at the prestidigitator and say "this is the prestidigitator."

I also need to know where the blinker fluid fill and drain plugs are located.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:46 pm

No problem. So far I've rebuilt the one on my current project, one on a Farmall A and just the other nite one for a John Deere LUC. Must have done something right they weren't working when I started and they were when I finished. There's not really a whole lot to them. If you have one bring it along and we will investigate. If not I can take the one of my current project and we will tear it down and put it back together.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:20 pm

Cecil from the way you said my current project I get the feeling that you have a whole bunch of them.

bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:23 pm

Priscilla says there are way to many. I'm doing a restoration of a 49 Cub for my brother in law. One of those good deals. I do the work and he pays the bills. Unless I find a clunker real cheap I'll be restoring implements this winter and maybe building an RC airplane. How about you. Going to stop up on the 15th?

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Northeast Cub Get together 2005

Postby Jackman » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:13 am

Cecil (53 Cub) wrote:I pitched this to allenlook a couple of days ago in a PM. I just can't wait for Cubfest Northeast 2006 Kinderhook, NY. I'll give a guded tour of my electrolysis tank.

Cecil,

Awesome, a Cubfest that is local to me :D :D ...... I will be at the 2006 fest for sure with the 3 kids and Cub maybe 2 Cubs. I can't do the meeting but at the fest the electrolysis tank will be of high intrest to me, also a how to on refurbishing the brakes would be very good or a how to on generator rebuilding, or any Cub stuff in general would be real good.....

Jack

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Brakes

Postby allenlook » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:53 am

I second the nomination for brakes.

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:37 am

OK Who will dontate the machine for new brakes?

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:48 am

What a great idea!!! I have good friends nearby in Chatam.
And I need brakes, but the logistics of bringing the 50' along may be a bit too much, not to mention you need to pull the finals (this one has wheel weights) to do it.
However, I do have a 'leaking' touch control that has two broken bolts on one side of the rock shaft bearing.... that would be pretty easy to bring and not require too much in the way of equipment.

If nothing else, I have some pretty good photos of Rufus (my 10 month project) and some great stories of International travel (can you say 'Kroil' and not get it mistaken for Crown Royal by the bi-lingual customs agent?? I bet even Country won't drink that stuff!!).
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:10 am

OK it has weights. Not a big deal. Just unbolt the wheel centers, roll the tire and all away from the tractor, unbolt the final and pull it out. I'll bet we could install new brakes on both sides in a short afternoon. That would include replacing the seals in the transmission. Might as well you're in there.

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Brakes

Postby allenlook » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:09 pm

That'd be great, because I think I'll need to get a look at my brakes and do the same thing when I get back from the get-together.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:13 pm

You boys are startin' to make me itchy for another get-together. Fortunately, Cubarama will be coming up soon and the Portland Show is in about another week or so.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Portland

Postby allenlook » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:14 pm

What's the Portland show?

Return to “Farmall Cub”