Plow Question

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Alan Gee
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 169174

Plow Question

Postby Alan Gee » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Does anyone know if this style plow will just hook up to the rear drawbar and will be able to be lifted and lowered by the hydrolics
Attachments
plow.jpg

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Plow Question

Postby Barnyard » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Short answer is yes. But you also need the rest of it for it to work. Here is a link showing everything that is needed. http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim ... ow_001.htm
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt -

Circle of Safety

oldcubman
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 01351

Postby oldcubman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:43 pm

Yes, if you the depth adjustment mechanism.

I have the same plow. The draw bar faces forward and the flat plate on the plow attaches to it. The depth adjustment with handle is located to the drivers right with a tall handle. Since your plow looks to be in pretty good shape, I would definitely pick up the depth control if you don't have it.

I use this plow in combination with a disk harrow and it does a great job. It will cut though old pasture sod where even a large rototiller is having a tough time.

Alan Gee
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby Alan Gee » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:09 am

OK , thank you.
The tractor does have that draw bar but its now on they other way around. There are a few odd parts that came with it that I will sort out. Another question if I may, I see in the photos, and they are very good photos thank you , they show a lever running up the right side that connects to the drawbar and it looks like the drawbar is only held on by a pin so it can tilt a little up and down. If the actual plow can be raise by the hydrolics what is the tilt lever for ? I may be not seeing someting but it looks like the lever could at best only change the pitch of the drawbar a few inches .

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:16 am

Alan, the hydraulics do raise and lower the plow for transport. The lever on the right fender controls the depth by changing the pitch. The more angle, the depper you go. Your plow will not work with out the lever and the attachments to it.
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt -

Circle of Safety

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:17 am

You need the rear lift, on your hydraulics, to raise and lower the plow. The depth control lever is just that, it raises and lowers the front of the plow, to adjust depth. Most needed for the first furrow, when the both rear wheels, are on unplowed ground, but is used to set the depth, in following furrows, too.
Ed (Barnyard types faster than I do)
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Alan Gee
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby Alan Gee » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:31 pm

OK thank you . The levers are with it and also the linkage. The only part that seems to be missing is the lug that links the lever to the draw bar but I have a welder and a metal lathe and some steel so that will not be a problem, Again Thank you.

TomE
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 28698
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 TO35

Postby TomE » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Do you have a new mold board and share?

Alan Gee
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby Alan Gee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:27 am

OK, got it all hooked up and adjusted and it is amazing how much work that little tractor can do. I see now where you really do need the pitch lever . The fellow that had the plow said you dont but he is trying to sell it. What was amazing was I found the pitch lever and all the hardware for sale only a few miles from him and for only $25 it was a steal.
A little humor, We have a nice size garden that we have been useing for years . Each year we plow up rocks of all size. Each year there are more that need to be removed.
To test the plow I drove to an unused area of our property and ran a few deep rows about 50 yards long to see how deep it would go and not stall and to just get the hang of it. . ,,,,,NOT ONE ROCK !

Alan Gee
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby Alan Gee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:34 am

TomE wrote:Do you have a new mold board and share?

Its not a NEW plow . Its new to me but its in like new condition. Almost zero rust and the shear is in very good condition. The attaching plate and springs are all in very good shape . It still has the original paint on the drawbar. The lift and stay chains are with it along with the adjuster clips for each. It actually has the instruction book with it as to how to set it up.

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:05 am

Alan Gee wrote:OK, got it all hooked up and adjusted and it is amazing how much work that little tractor can do. I see now where you really do need the pitch lever . The fellow that had the plow said you dont but he is trying to sell it. What was amazing was I found the pitch lever and all the hardware for sale only a few miles from him and for only $25 it was a steal.
A little humor, We have a nice size garden that we have been useing for years . Each year we plow up rocks of all size. Each year there are more that need to be removed.
To test the plow I drove to an unused area of our property and ran a few deep rows about 50 yards long to see how deep it would go and not stall and to just get the hang of it. . ,,,,,NOT ONE ROCK
!

That was a steal for a depth control lever!

Now you know where the garden USED to be back in the day. Years ago they picked up all the rocks and threw them where your current garden is. Time to move your garden! :lol: :lol:
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty"
'48 Cub
C-3 mower, FH Woods 42F, 54A blade, 194 plow, FH L-38 disk, FH LB disk, 144 cultivators, FH platform carrier
Circle of Safety

Alan Gee
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby Alan Gee » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Ha ! could be true. There are long piles of rocks along the property from just such activity and you may be right. One odd thing I used to show my kids was that many of the rocks have fossils of sea shells and sea life in them. We live at about 1500 ft above sea level and I used ask my kids " how do you think these got here." When the answer dawned on them that the entire area was under an inland sea they got a funny look on their face. Hope it does not decide to go back as it was.