This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ever happen to you?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
offrink
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49316
Tractors Owned: 1954 farmall fcub, 1954 farmall super m

Ever happen to you?

Postby offrink » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:50 pm

So I was mowing the tall weeds and grass around the property, getting ready for winter. Where the woods come out there are some long branches. I was mowing back the edge and had some branches that reached out far. I just stuck out my hand to catch them and kept on my way. After I made a lap I noticed something looked weird. It took about 5 seconds to figure out my radiator cap was gone!! I looked for 20 minutes. Oh well I just ended up tying a clean rag over the radiator to keep debris out and kept going. Finished a few hours later. Already ordered a replacement. 2 actually. So have you ever lost your cool(ant. cap)?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Ever happen to you?

Postby Eugene » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Had branches whip a hearing aid, ($1200-), out of an ear. It took me a couple of hours on my hands and knees to find the device. Lesson learned, no more wearing hearing aids while working on the property.

I saw the air cleaner cap fall off my Cub while mowing. Looked and looked but didn't find the cap. Couple of weeks later while mowing the same piece of ground, there was the cap laying on top of the grass.
I have an excuse. CRS.

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Ever happen to you?

Postby leerenovations » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Not, but ive had the air cleaner and exhaust hold a branch until I was in the exact position to catch it with my face.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

Return to “Farmall Cub”