This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Information needed

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mj912468
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 30752

Information needed

Postby mj912468 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:35 pm

I have found a IH farm All Cub. The only numbers I could find quickly are 351688-R2L2X these numbers are on the lower right side of the engine. It has a belly mower with a belt drive PTO. I have a couple pictures but do not know how to get them on here. The year is unknown. I am considering purchasing this. They tell me the motor is locked up. Other wise appears to be complete tractor. Thanks for any help would be appreciated

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Information needed

Postby Glen » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi,
Welcome to the website. The number is probably 351686R2, it is the part number of the clutch housing, means nothing for identifying the year of the Cub. The L 2 X, you can only tell approximately from that. I think it was used from the mid 1950's until 1964 or so, but not sure.
Look at the serial number plate on the steering housing, or if it is gone, the engine serial number is stamped in the engine. You might need to clean off oil and dirt to see it. Here is a page from a Cub owner's manual showing where they are. Click on the pic makes it bigger. :)

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20 ... age-02.jpg

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:04 pm

Before you purchase the tractor, post a lot of photos.

What is the owner asking for the tractor?

Tractor not running - - parts tractor. Not worth very much money.

Top of page is a lot of information on Cubs. There is a section on what to look for before purchasing a Cub.
I have an excuse. CRS.

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"

Postby staninlowerAL » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:57 am

For info on posting pictures, go to the BOARD INDEX and select the HOW TO forum then at the bottom of the list, there is a subforum USING THE FORUM will help you post pictures. As far as ID the tractor, if you find the SN ID plate there will be a 5 or 6 digit number, use that number in the link above "WHAT YEAR IS MY CUB" to ID the year. If you don't find the SN ID plate, look on the left side of the engine behind or near the carb for the casting codes. The engine SN is about 6 or more numbers and stamped. The casting code in the form of two numbers followed by a letter will be cast in the block. TM Website has a list of the years the different letter codes were built. As far as the engine seized, it's a crap shoot. Some have been freed up with minimum effort. My experience is not so good, it takes a lot of work and patience but it can be done. Once the engine is free and able to be started, there might still be some expensive repairs/rebuild that needs to be done. As Eugene said, "parts tractor, not worth much money". I approach a situation like this with the idea that if you can purchase it at scrap price then decide it is too expensive or too much work to repair/restore you can either part it out or sell it for scrap. Stan
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Return to “Farmall Cub”