This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What mower do I have? Woods??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pdwatts
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 77354

Re: What mower do I have? Woods??

Postby pdwatts » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback. So from what I have uncovered with your help is that I have a Danco IH mower, popping appears to be normal and make sure to keep it lubricated. I am still trying to determine exactly which Danco I have but am getting closer.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:57 am

Never had one do that and I've used a few Woods mowers. Most you should hear is a clank as blades start up and you won't hear that if you engage slowly. Of course there is the possibility that mine weren't operating right, I suppose. :-)
Thomas

Clip
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 28479
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Clip » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:19 pm

One time I disengaged at low throttle and I think the blade caught something while it was coasting and must have become wedged in the swung position. When I started back up it had an ungodly vibration until I disengaged again. Checked and everything was in order, never happened again.

PDwatts, if you have the single spindle with swinging blades, 42" cut, you've got either a Woods 42 or a Danco/IH C-2. Your pictures are of a C-2 clutch, so that's what I'm betting you've got. If you want, check the bottom of your spindle. When I was moving mine around last night I noticed cast into the bottom of mine "Danuser Mach Works Tulsa Okla."

pdwatts
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 77354

Postby pdwatts » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:52 am

Thanks everyone. It appears mine is the Danco / IH C-2. Appreciate all the feedback

redman36
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 23234
Tractors Owned: 49 IH cub
50 I h cub

Postby redman36 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Are you sure you have right blades on it? Have seen one wrong blade causing tips to touch on start and stop/

Return to “Farmall Cub”