What size building do I need ?????

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Winfield Dave
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: What size building do I need ?????

Postby Winfield Dave » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:34 am

Dale Finch wrote:
Jason (IL) wrote:...you always run into thongs to buy...
:shock: :shock: :shock:!!!
I think you could store a million thongs in the same space as one Cub !! :lol: :lol:
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Ben B
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 24354
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (post demo)
MTD Cub Cadet 42
MTD Cub Cadet 54

Postby Ben B » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:25 am

My shop is 24x30. When I had it built, it was part of a package deal with my house. It came with a 24x24 garage, and I asked the contractor how much larger he could build the shop if he left the inside unfinished and without any electrical since I could do that part myself. It got me six extra feet, but that still ain't enough space. And, it's taken me six years and I still haven't got the inside of the shop 100% finished, but that's been due to other things more important in my budget.

The guys are right, you will never have enough space. And for me, I had my shop so cluttered that it couldn't function. So, I dispensed with some of my hoarding tendencies to open it up. Now it functions better.

My advice is, try not to clutter it up too much, or you may get frustrated with the shops inability to serve as a practical work space. IMHO anyway...
Circle of Safety

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:23 am

Each Cub will take up approximately a 4'x9' space, assuming narrowest tread width setting, with a couple inches on each side to spare for maneuvering. A 10x20' building would house four tightly-packed Cubs and a few implements along one side.

A normal C can fit in a 7x10 spot, but you need to allow for the axles sticking out if it is a long axle version.

If this is to be an enclosed building, keep DOORS in mind. You can't pack four Cubs into a 10x20 building that only has a single 6' wide door on one end. For that you need a full-width opening on the end of the building.

baldwindiesel
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44820

Postby baldwindiesel » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:13 pm

You guys are the BEST :{_}:
THANKS !
Baldwindiesel