Neat Cub toolbox on Ebay

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "The Paperweight"
Cub powered IH 52R combine
Grandfather's 1948 Super A
White demo Super A-"Ol Whitey"
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk
Circle of Safety: Y

Neat Cub toolbox on Ebay

Postby Super A » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:10 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Farmall-Interna ... SwPcVVxSaD

I thought this was a neat way to put a functional toolbox on a Cub. Is this a forum member by chance? When I get the other 4 million items off my to-do list, I'm going to make something like this.....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Wagon19
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 24352
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub "Jersey"
Ferguson TO 20
1952 Cub "Jenny"
1951 Cub. "Wilkes"
2014 Kubota L3200 HST

Re: Neat Cub toolbox on Ebay

Postby Wagon19 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:02 pm

I have two of these that I bought at Tractor Supply. The mounting of the box is a good idea. Think I will give it a try.
Thanks for the post.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Looks like a pretty good setup, but if I were making one I would try to figure out a way to make it easily removable.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk

Postby Super A » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:54 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Looks like a pretty good setup, but if I were making one I would try to figure out a way to make it easily removable.

Not a bad idea, but I have never had a need to remove the toolbox on our actual working tractors.

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Scrivet
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:54 am

Super A wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Looks like a pretty good setup, but if I were making one I would try to figure out a way to make it easily removable.

Not a bad idea, but I have never had a need to remove the toolbox on our actual working tractors.

Al
Chicken or egg? Did you not "have a need" because you knew they weren't removeable (therefore not an option)? :wink: :D I seldom "have a need" to remove the seat but there are plenty of times if it were easily removable to make a stool while out in the field, it would have been handy.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk

Postby Super A » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:20 am

Scrivet wrote:
Super A wrote:

Al
Chicken or egg? Did you not "have a need" because you knew they weren't removeable (therefore not an option)? :wink: :D I seldom "have a need" to remove the seat but there are plenty of times if it were easily removable to make a stool while out in the field, it would have been handy.

Both real tractors at home have removable toolboxes. I have never had the need/desire to take them off. Usually whatever I need in them is needed at most 6-8 feet away from the box, so by the time I pull the pin or loosen the set screws and shimmy the box off the bracket, I could have walked back and forth between the implement and the box 2-3 times.

I've always thought the empty space on the torque tube, maybe just ahead of the left fender, would be another good place to mount a toolbox.

Al

WaMoo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 99101
Tractors Owned: 1954 Farmall Cub
2013 NH Workmaster 40

Postby WaMoo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:31 pm

On my "other" tractor, I needed a toolbox, so I took a .30 cal ammo can, painted it Ford Blue, and then mounted a SMV bracket on it. It sits in the corresponding SMV holder on the back of the tractor. It is quite handy to just lift it out and take it to where you need to work. I've never had an issue with it bouncing out or anything like that.

For you safety minded folks, I would never drive on the road without my government required SMV!
WaMoo
Bluecreek, WA
"I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world."
~George Washington

JRICK
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 29325
Skype Name: JRICK
Tractors Owned: 1940 Allis Chalmers WC
1949 Farmall Cub "Haydee Bug"
1960 Massey Ferguson Diesel Deluxe
1950 Allis Chalmers "B"
1980 Power King Model 1616
1991 400A Belarus
1952 Massey Harris Pony

Postby JRICK » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:50 am

I remember at the Deep South Cubfest, in I believe 2012, I took a picture of a tool box mounted on the front of a Cub that I thought was a great looking mount.If someone has a picture of the front mount tool box I wish you would post it so others could see how it was mounted.