This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

finally cub is running great! !

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
gtc4d
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 28025
Tractors Owned: 1991 JD 755
1948 farmall cub
1949 allis chalmers g
2021 kioti ck3510
1950 farmall cub

finally cub is running great! !

Postby gtc4d » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:54 pm

I would like to thank anyone who ever posts on this site,and especially those in charge of maintaining farmall.com. I have learned so much from everyone. While I have worked light maintenance for 25 years and feel pretty mechanically inclined I still need lots of direction. First I had a bent rod in cylinder 1 after repairing this and the valves, the tractor ran but was hard to start. It also had a radiator leak. New radiator and still hard starting. Searched the forum and found that the arm on my governor was frozen. Removed and repaired this (messing up the seal in the process). Repaired the seal, and spending a good deal of time timing the magnito/governor and still hard starting. Gas pouring out of carb. Rebuilt carb several times (lol)only to have same symptoms. Finally after searching the forum I saw someone post about checking the spark. The cub would fire and run so I overlooked this earlier. Spark was good from mag, but weak of cap. Replaced cap and I could not belive the difference. Starts first pull on starter. Wow what a difference thanks to all. I have a new 1948 tractor. Looking forward to working her in the garden this spring. Could not have done it without farmall.com!!!

Thanks,
Todd

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

clintmo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 26033
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
55 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: finally cub is running great! !

Postby clintmo » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:57 pm

I know how you feel! It's a great forum, full of very patient, knowledgeable folks who want to share what they know. If you really want see what these people are capable of and how much they can help you do to your Cub, get yourself to a Cubfest.

Clint

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Excellent! Pretty much every problem you could have is here somewhere. Pleased you found it useful and appreciate your thanks.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Stanton » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:22 am

Glad to hear you got your Cub running in top notch form! :coffee:
Stanton