This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Adjusting the front tool bars

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Oldcuball
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 36867

Adjusting the front tool bars

Postby Oldcuball » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:16 am

Which part do you use to manually adjust the height of the bar? They're both raised up via the hydraulics, but the tool bar, the part which the plows attach to, is hanging slightly lower on one side by a good few inches. The only adjustments that were immediately obvious were either the spring or the bar directly below it which seems to have some threads on it.

Sorry if this info is available somewhere, but I couldn't seem to find it using search and I didn't quite understand what the manuals available were saying.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
toolbar.jpg

Bob Triplett
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20692

Re: Adjusting the front tool bars

Postby Bob Triplett » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:26 am

The parts with the springs act as "shock absorbers" and are adjustable to a specific length. That info can be found in the manual for the 144 cultivators (page 5 of the 1950 edition) in Rudi's manuals ay the top of the page, Hope this helps. Bob
1950 FCub, 1975 FCub, 1948 FCUB, 1955 FCUB, 1993 Ford 1715

Oldcuball
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 36867

Re: Adjusting the front tool bars

Postby Oldcuball » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:51 am

Bob Triplett wrote:The parts with the springs act as "shock absorbers" and are adjustable to a specific length. That info can be found in the manual for the 144 cultivators (page 5 of the 1950 edition) in Rudi's manuals ay the top of the page, Hope this helps. Bob

Thank you. That seems to have done it. I didn't quite understand what the manual was saying that adjusted when I read it last night, so I just wanted to make sure.