Setting up my rear cultivator

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmergiffIV
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 97526
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1953 FCub

Setting up my rear cultivator

Postby farmergiffIV » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:11 pm

I want to set up my rear cultivator on my cub. Mostly for cleaning up the pathways between beds and right behind the tire tracks, I am not sure exactly which parts I need for this. I do have a rear rockshaft lift already so, as far as I can tell this is my list of needed equipment:

a set of rear cultivator bar mounts, a back cross bar lift, 2 spring lift rods, a set of rear culitvator scratchers, and then I need to find the right tool bars that bend behind the tires. Anyone else get this set up recently? Do you know where I can get all these pieces?

Thanks!
Sun Spirit Farm Manager

My '53 and '48 Cub Project

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Setting up my rear cultivator

Postby Trent M » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:25 pm

The cultivator manuals are here:

http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php?dirpath=./files/Cub%20Attachments/Cultivators&order=0

Download one of the Cub-144 manuals and its easy to check your parts list,

You could try posting a wanted ad in the Vine, someone might have pieces that you need.
Trent McPeak

farmergiffIV
Cub Star
Cub Star
1953 FCub

Postby farmergiffIV » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:27 am

What the heck is going on here? You can see the pressure crack on the pressure rod bracket, I got eager and forced the fit. Now looks like Ill be replacing them.

I removed the rust and put a couple coats of spray paint, then I went for a dry fit to attach the pressure rod clamp and rock shaft and the fit is terrible. i didn't try it before I painted as I just opened the box and got to restoration..... I figured the fit should be loose to allow for some give as the implements and hydraulics interact. Did I do anything clearly wrong here?

https://goo.gl/photos/Q4nfSYdLaztDGrNF6

https://goo.gl/photos/bgfD8oBVH8V1Vvak9
Sun Spirit Farm Manager

Shane Nelson
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 27284
Tractors Owned: .
1947 Circle Cub #1447 (Arnold)
1970 International 140 (Norman)
1949 John Deere A
1972 Schramm Pneumatractor
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Postby Shane Nelson » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:52 am

farmergiffIV wrote:What the heck is going on here? You can see the pressure crack on the pressure rod bracket, I got eager and forced the fit. Now looks like Ill be replacing them.

I removed the rust and put a couple coats of spray paint, then I went for a dry fit to attach the pressure rod clamp and rock shaft and the fit is terrible. i didn't try it before I painted as I just opened the box and got to restoration..... I figured the fit should be loose to allow for some give as the implements and hydraulics interact. Did I do anything clearly wrong here?

https://goo.gl/photos/Q4nfSYdLaztDGrNF6

https://goo.gl/photos/bgfD8oBVH8V1Vvak9

I've never seen one of them cracked but if you forced it there's your problem, that old cast can't take the pressure. They got to be loose and have a little wiggle room. Hope you can find one soon!
God is good, all the time!
Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:38 am

Assuming your lifting bar is original diameter, not something homemade, you probably have the wrong swivels. The ones for a fast-Hitch tractor have a smaller hole than the ones that fit the lifting bar. I can't quite read the part number in your picture. The Fast-Hitch version is 1 874 B. You should have 1 855 B.

Shane Nelson
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 27284
Tractors Owned: .
1947 Circle Cub #1447 (Arnold)
1970 International 140 (Norman)
1949 John Deere A
1972 Schramm Pneumatractor
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Postby Shane Nelson » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:43 am

Jim Becker wrote:Assuming your lifting bar is original diameter, not something homemade, you probably have the wrong swivels. The ones for a fast-Hitch tractor have a smaller hole than the ones that fit the lifting bar. I can't quite read the part number in your picture. The Fast-Hitch version is 1 874 B. You should have 1 855 B.

Jim, I never knew that. Thanks for sharing! I learn something every time I get on here. I will have to look at mine when I get home and see what all I have.
God is good, all the time!
Circle of Safety

farmergiffIV
Cub Star
Cub Star
1953 FCub

Postby farmergiffIV » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Assuming your lifting bar is original diameter, not something homemade, you probably have the wrong swivels. The ones for a fast-Hitch tractor have a smaller hole than the ones that fit the lifting bar. I can't quite read the part number in your picture. The Fast-Hitch version is 1 874 B. You should have 1 855 B.

Thanks! I am waiting for a replacement, I must have gotten the wrong diameter pieces.
Sun Spirit Farm Manager