This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Was a rough winter

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
4thGen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

54A Blade
C22 Sickle mower
189 Two-way plow
59 Woods belly mower

Re: Was a rough winter

Postby 4thGen » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:47 am

I run a 200W oil pan heater for a few hours before attempting to start my Cub. I found that if the outside temperature is much below 40* I'll kill the battery in a jiffy if the oil isn't warmed up.

Full throttle, full choke, then crank and once it fires I smoothly open the choke and then idle down.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cub.bub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 46628
Tractors Owned: 55 cub, 54a blade, (2) woods L59 mower...Allis Chalmers CA
1965 International 140, 60" grader blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Was a rough winter

Postby cub.bub » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:17 am

I guess I spoil my Cub? After my first winter of hard starts in cold weather (20' or less) i read some old post and took the plunge, I installed a 400 watt heater in the lower rad tube.
It has made all the difference in the world, even with a tune up being spot on, the heat makes all the difference.
IMG_0126.jpg

Bruce.

Return to “Farmall Cub”