This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Teflon Tape

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Teflon Tape

Postby Ricaroo » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:45 am

When connecting your hydraulic fittings and hoses is it acceptable to use Teflon Tape on the NPT connections

Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:49 am

Liquid thread sealer would be better in my opinion.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

Tape

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:41 pm

Small pieces of tape that come off during assembly,tend to find their way into places that don't like foreign stuff. Hydraulic valves in particular.

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:18 pm

Rick,

I believe Permetex makes a liquid thread sealer, such as BD is talking about. I think Napa has it. I also think Rudi posted a pic of it on another topic a few days back. I know it holds up against fuel and that, make sure it will also work on hydraulic fluid. Paul K. in N.H.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:45 pm

For some reason the liquid sealers don't always work as I've found. In fact just this past weekend I was fixing a couple of slow leaks I had on the H. I had used liguid sealer and it just wasn't working so I used the tape. I'm always careful to make a tight clean rap in the correct direction starting one thread back from the end. Also if I remove a fitting that has had tape on it I make sure all the old tape is thoughly cleaned from the threads . Tape is very effective but as the others have rightly mentioned, it can reek havoc if a piece of it gets in the system.

Return to “Farmall Cub”